Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-US-GA-Norcross
Requisition ID: 181358
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures state-of-the-art robot-assisted systems for use in minimally-invasive surgery. Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute broadly to the Applied Research team which responsible for advanced analytics and new technology development focused on surgical workflow and performance for next generation robotic surgery platforms.
The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment, be able to initiate and drive new research directions, and have a commitment to high research quality. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required.
As part of the research team, immediate responsibilities include:
• Develop and support tools to record video and robotic system data• Develop customized tools to spatially and temporally annotate data based on video review• Support integration of databases with advanced analytics and machine learning environments• Test and maintain large databases of videos, system data, and meta data• Work closely with research data scientists throughout analysis, visualization, and modeling efforts• Support multiple engineering and analytics teams in collecting, accessing, and analyzing data
Additional responsibilities include:
• Keep current with our software/hardware deployment and cybersecurity strategies and understand overall trends in AI, ML and Cloud technologies• Work with product development teams to bring data products to market• Continuously explore optimal data recording solutions, database designs, storage solutions, and analysis environments
Competency Requirements: (Competency based upon education, training, skills and experience). In order to perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must have:
• M.S. in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, or Applied Math, or B.S. degree with minimum (3) years industry experience developing software
• Interested in early research and development/prototype efforts
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Hands-on experience with Python, C++, and Matlab is required
• Proficient in Postgres and/or SQL-based technologies is required
• Experience with database design and management is required
• Experience with R and R Shiny is ideal
• Experience with AWS/cloud storage, hosting, and compute environments is ideal
• Experience with Python web frameworks such as Django or Flask or other open source frameworks is ideal
• Experience with video recording, compression, and streaming is ideal
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10-20%)
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.