Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Software Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181404
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The primary function of this position is to develop software applications supporting medical devices and server side platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for:
• Analyzing business requirements and designing, programming, testing and documenting to support new software and enhance existing software applications• Analyzing and troubleshooting software application issues• Developing and executing, when required, validation protocols for code changes• Working with operations team to deploy the applications to production• Assisting in the development of coding and technology standards used in the software development of applications• Working with the product development team to understand changes to the da Vinci & other products that have potential impact on the server side software applications
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• A minimum 5 years of software development experience or proven competency developing and supporting applications in Web & Desktop/Smart Client applications & services
• Hands-on familiarity with the following technologies:
• Multi-threading, Async programming, Object oriented design with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.