Intuitive Surgical Careers
Associate RMA Buyer/Coordinator
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 181462
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Release of purchase orders to suppliers and expediting of material to and from suppliers based on Plan, direction from the Production Operations organization, and/or project members; assists with key procurement initiatives as directed by management; data analysis and reporting relative to the functions of the Supply Chain organization; other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
Manages procurement of materials to support business requirements: includes cost management, purchase order management, and inventory management. To process, and reconcile RMAs in Service Operations. To drive continuous improvement, organize corrective action, and motivate colleagues to reach departmental goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Performs tasks assigned by management.
• Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
o Release PO’s to suppliers based on requirements as identified by Service/Planners or managemento Follow up on delivery commits and receipts.o Expedite material as required.o Create, update, and maintain material status reports using SAP, Agile, and MS Excel.
• Administers and manages purchase orders and delivery commitments to designated suppliers as necessary to support production and/or sales requirements within the business.Qualifications
• Reviews, interprets, and communicates material demand forecast and manages capacity planning for assigned commodity groups and/or supplier relationships.
• Supports team efforts to manage supplier performance.
• Utilizes lean sourcing principles (kanban, consignment, and other similar material pull methods) to achieve 100% material availability and optimize on-hand inventory.
• Achieves key purchasing metrics (supplier OTD, quality, risk management, inventory velocity, and cost reduction).
• Supports engineering change order activity with suppliers and other functional groups.
• Requests quotes with suppliers as directed by management to support supply chain optimizations.
• Supports assigned commodity team by participating in identified consolidation and cost reduction opportunities and supporting other commodity projects as assigned.
• Coordinate RMA material flow through facility on its way back to the service organization.
• Recommend/implement process workflow improvements
• Maintain department operating procedures (DOPs) and work instructions to reflect As-Is processes
• Identify issues and manage through exceptional circumstances including material shortages, resource constraints, and extended cycle times, by developing recovery plans and suggesting corrective action.
• BS degree or equivalent and 1+ years of purchasing or general office working experience.• Strong computer skills: MS Office products required; SAP and Agile preferred.• Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.• Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends.• Proven ability to learn new processes and systems quickly as well as achieve stretch goals and objectives.• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.