Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Software Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181488
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The primary function of this position is to develop software applications supporting websites and server-side platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for:
• Analyzing business requirements and designing, programming, testing and documenting to support new software and enhance existing software applications• Analyzing and troubleshooting software application issues• Working with operations team to deploy the applications to production• Assisting in the development of coding and technology standards used in the software development of applications• Supporting the users during the Product Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing phases and handling defect management and defect resolution• Updating and reviewing documentations like Job Aids, Quick Reference Guides etc. and providing training and knowledge transfer sessions for end users and helping them perform day to day activities and basic troubleshooting;• Being responsible for Extended Post Go-live support by handling tickets and continuous improvement projects or minor enhancement changes in the space of Production Execution
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
• A minimum 8 years of software development experience or proven competency developing and supporting applications
• Fluent with functional, imperative and object-¬oriented languages
• Good to have React UI Knowledge
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
• Experience developing software utilizing workflow or ESB software
• Good to have knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
• Knowledge of Multi-threading, Async programming with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes
We will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.