Intuitive Surgical Careers
RMA Technician 2
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 181511
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective for this person is to disassemble or assemble a variety of products, meeting quality and productivity goals, within a remanufacturing work environment. This person would work closely with fellow team members, the area Lead, and the supervisor to achieve team performance goals in the areas of Efficiency, DPU, Hours Reporting Accuracy, Scrap, Inventory Accuracy, and Time Lost Accuracy. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Decontaminate/Disassemble/Assemble a variety of products according to standard work instructions and prints.Qualifications
• Operate and set up (as needed), production equipment/fixtures.
• Become proficient at multiple assembly tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity.
• Perform preparation work such as line clearance and changeover.
• Perform inspection of own and other’s work. Perform simple repairs on own or other’s work.
• Mentor others in areas of expertise (as needed).
• Properly complete manufacturing documentation. Initiate basic material requests, report quality issues, report efficiency, record measurements as needed. May report work order information into computer.
• Maintain the accuracy of identification and count of point-of-use materials. Accurately determine and report material shortages.
• Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures.
• Maintain an excellent attendance record.
• Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement program, including the creation and implementation of small scale improvements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Possess high school degree or GED.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract multi-digit numbers (including decimals); to multiply and divide; to find averages, percentages and ranges. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance. Ability to perform basic math on a calculator.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to report quality issues. Ability to suggest simple process improvements.
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends.
• Computer skills: Ability to use personal computers as part of daily work. Ability to use on-line documentation.
• Other skills and abilities: Ability to work varying shifts. Must have the ability to complete training courses. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to use clocks, timers, tools, and rulers.
• Ability to work in a controlled environment room (ie clean room), this includes wearing clean room gowns, head caps, booties as well as meeting other clean room standards such as no jewelry or make-up.
• Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile, WMS) preferred.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders).
• Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
• Be trained and certified to operate advanced material handling equipment. (Stand-up and order picking lift trucks, and/or electric pallet jack).
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.