Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior NPI Manufacturing Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181521
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical manufacturing, equipment design and project management skills to a dynamic development team creating precision instruments for minimally invasive robotic surgery. The role requires active participation in new product development teams that create and refine electro-mechanical components, assemblies, process documentation, tooling and test methods while challenging new product designs to improve efficacy, reliability, manufacturability and cost for robotic surgical instruments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create, maintain and improve pilot “mid-volume” manufacturing assembly line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, workflow processes, manufacturing plan and detailed work instructions.• Design, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, tools and equipment.• Analyze instrument-manufacturing line from a risk perspective (PFMEA) to incorporate and validate critical tests used in manufacturing.• Responsible for the validation and qualification of manufacturing equipment and processes leveraging standard qualification approaches (IQ/OQ/DQ/PQ).• Provide production support through successful and sustained project launch.• Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.• Provide product and process DFx (Manufacturing, Assembly) input to enhance manufacturability of new products.• Takes responsibility for maintaining compliance with medical device quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation.• Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
• BS in Engineering required, MS/PhD preferred.
• Must possess strong communication skills to interface with technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory, inspection, customer support and clinical marketing teams.
• Prior experience with Sensor Design / Mechatronics / Robotics / automated equipment is a plus
• Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification. Single use/disposable medical device experience a plus
• CAD experience (preferred Solidworks).
• Experience in an ISO 13485, ISO 9001, or medical device manufacturing environment a plus
• Able to travel periodically to suppliers or Intuitive Mexicali plant
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.