Intuitive Surgical Careers
AFQI Technician I
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181553
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Accessories Final Quality Inspection (AFQI) technician I will provide QA support by performing visual, dimensional and functional inspections of purchased assemblies and products. This position ensures acceptable quality standards ensuring incoming quality specifications have been met prior to release to finished goods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform incoming material inspections in a timely manner• Perform First Article inspections on manuals• Conduct visual, dimensional and functional inspection of purchased assemblies and products to QAP procedures or specifications and disposition based upon results• Create inspection history files in SAP• Accurately record detailed observations of non-conformances in the Device History Records• Maintain traceability of component materials as to inspection status• Handle product in accordance with procedures to prevent mix-ups, damage or other adverse effects.• Log/track materials from receiving through the inspection process• Record transactions in SAP and move materials to stock locations• Communicate inspection results to the Quality Engineering, Supplier Engineering, and other groups• Maintains the accuracy of identification and count of materials• Performs other duties as may be assigned
• High school diploma, A.S. Engineering Degree preferred.
• 1-3 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read drawings and specifications
• Ability to use basic inspection tools: microscope and measurement systems, micrometers, calipers, gages, inspection fixtures and other test equipment as required
• Proficient in use of personal computers as part of daily work, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, SAP and ACCS (Agile) system to retrieve and submit on-line documentation
• Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance is desirable
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• Maintains a neat and orderly workstation
• Maintains an excellent attendance record.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.