Intuitive Surgical Careers
Customer Trainer - Sunnyvale
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181564
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Customer Trainer will report directly to the Training Manager for their region. This training professional will deliver da Vinci® System technology training and facilitate surgeon-led training for surgeons, first assistants, and OR staff from a variety of surgical specialties including urology, gynecology, general surgery and cardiothoracic surgery. The Customer Trainer will be actively involved in the continuous improvement of training programs and provide support for customer training, engineering and training research initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Conduct da Vinci® Surgical System training programs for surgical teams at designated training centers and remote centers
• Lead and support Specialized training programs and Society events. This includes supporting the needs of the surgeon educators and course participants
• Conduct surveys to gather data and measure program effectiveness
• Act as subject matter expert for internal projects, as needed:
o New product developmento Training material/ protocol developmento Training research initiatives
• Work with the Training team in a creative, dependable, and flexible manner to improve existing training programs• Train the sales force to conduct in-services and system technology skills development activities with customers on new and established products• Occasional support of the da Vinci® System in a hospital operating room• Support da Vinci® Surgical System troubleshooting and maintenance at the training center• Manage training center logistics, inventory and training calendars• Maintain all capital equipment, including but not limited to the cleaning and sterilization of instruments and accessories• Support positive relationships between external training center personnel and ISI management• Contribute to the organization’s quarterly goal achievements• Develop competency in the following:
o da Vinci® System Technologyo da Vinci® System applications and advanced technologyo OR Efficiencyo Training Pathway processo Training/coaching techniques/methodologies
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• 3-5 yrs. Professional Training experience
• Proven experience training on complex topics and/or technology
• Clinical and/or operating room experience preferred
• High capacity and excellent problem solving skills
• Solid organizational skills and ability to operate independently
• Professional work ethic
• Solution oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of adult learning principles preferred
• High capacity to learn in a fast paced environment
• Medical-device experience preferred
• Commitment self-development
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to be flexible with hours of operation
• Ability to travel up to 30%
Education and Training Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Clinical or Health Sciences, Healthcare Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Communications or Education
Note: There is a minimum expectation of 24 months in this role to be eligible for an opportunity to transition into another position within the organization.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.