Intuitive Surgical Careers
da Vinci Clinical Territory Associate Cleveland
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cleveland
Requisition ID: 181566
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive Surgical is widely considered the most exciting medical device company in the world today. Surgeons worldwide are changing the way surgery is performed by utilizing our robotic surgical device, the da Vinci® Surgical System, to enhance their surgical precision and greatly improve patient benefits. We have attracted some of the best and brightest on our team and now we are seeking entry level sales candidates to join our organization.
The Clinical Territory Associate (CTA) will work closely with the Clinical Sales Manager to gain knowledge in all aspects of our business to include technical, clinical, and sales. He or She will train to be a da Vinci® Surgery technical and sales expert across all primary surgical specialties to develop surgical robotics programs in the assigned territory. During the first year of the job, the CTA will focus on the technical and clinical aspect of the job, and during the second year of the job, the CTA will progress and begin to focus on the sales aspect of the job. The CTA will have the opportunity to support a specific region by maximizing the utilization of installed da Vinci® Surgical Systems by leading product demonstrations/in-services and sales activities.
This position is a developmental role and the time commitment includes some weekend work to accommodate surgeon schedules..
Roles and Responsibilities
- Case Support -Be a resource to the surgical team by providing guidance, insight, and training on the use of the da Vinci® Surgical System
- Product Demonstrations/In-Services- Lead all technical in-services for customers to include OR staff, surgeons, etc.
- Selling Activities- Contribute to Clinical Sales Manager team quarterly sales goals by helping influence behavior change in customers such as product demonstrations/in- services, OR selling activities, and customer support trainings
- Customer Support- Support and or coordinate, under the direction of the local sales management team, regional sales and marketing development events that create system awareness and procedure adoption through product demonstrations/in-services and selling activities
- Administrative Duties- Responsibly manage administrative tasks: reporting of sales/procedures, outcomes of sales activities, submission of expense reports, and assigned ISU on-line modules using company required software systems
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Sales degree a plus
- Minimum 1 year leadership experience or 1 year sales experience
- Proven record of achievement and leadership
- Ambition and strong work ethic
- Ability to excel in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and persuasive communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to travel up to 50% with nights and weekends as needed