Intuitive Surgical Careers
Digital Content Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181596
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Brief Position Summary:
Work as a key member of the Global Corporate Digital Marketing team to drive digital content development and growth for Intuitive’s digital properties across the globe. Collaborate with Brand and marketing teams to ensure a consistent voice, and to create digital content strategies that are aligned to marketing and business goals. Leverage data to improve performance and fill customer gaps across the digital journey. Lead global, cross-functional efforts to expand our digital content library, and increase customer engagement across global communication channels. Proactively develop best practices, and educate global clinical, regional and business unit stakeholders on digital content marketing best practices, ensuring consistency in style and content across all channels and regions. Collaborate with Clinical and Regional Marketing, Sales, Media Relations, Creative, Analytics and CRM teams to continuously evolve the content strategy and holistic effectiveness of the web site.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage day to day operations for digital content on global communication properties including corporate website assets and content library.• Lead content workstreams for web and digital projects from conception to implementation to end of life.• Direct the transformation of company’s static content library to rich, interactive experiences that span the customer journey.• Collaborate in planning stories and conceptualizing content strategies and content for initiatives and campaigns of all types.• Set content objectives and metrics based on business goals; provide success metrics and insights to inform future content decisioning.• Manage production and stakeholder content reviews and approvals processes, working across brand, technology, business and global marketing partners.• Experiment with new forms of content, delivery, technology, process, etc. to further position Intuitive as the global leader in minimally invasive surgery.• Serve as the final approver for unstructured content developed for the website.• Collaborate across business units and regional teams to ensure global experiences are current, well-maintained and continue to grow in alignment with business objectives.• Manage web promotional calendars and content – including evergreen assets and templates.• Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure executional excellence and development of innovative content that meets and exceeds customer needs and expectations.• Develop standards, processes and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, retrieval, and re-purposing.• Drive effective processes to foster internal collaboration and enhance efficiency.• Establish and manage workflows for requesting, creating, editing, publishing and retiring content utilizing our existing content management system.• Analyze data from the consumer usage of all digital products to inform both strategy and ongoing content improvement.• Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.• Evaluate the digital landscape for innovations, tools and platforms relating to content marketing and consumer engagement.• Conduct periodic competitive audits, content and regulation audits.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, journalism or related field. 5+ years’ experience in a marketing-related function, preferably in a business to business or industrial setting.
• 3-5 years’ experience writing and editing for digital content.
• Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills with a high comfort level working with medical topics; medical device experience highly desirable.
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to simplify complex and technical information for the development of customer facing or patient facing messaging.
• Previous experience working with a web content management system.
• Knowledge of
• CRM, CMS, HTML5, ADA Compliance, SEO Best Practices, A/B Testing and optimization
• Sitecore and Pardot and/or Marketo preferred.
• Excellent computer skills including use of office productivity tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Digital delivery and execution of Brand Guidelines
• Strong interpersonal skills, intercultural skills and experience a plus along with strong customer orientation.
• Strong prioritization and decision-making skills with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrixed environment including working within and among teams and influence others at all levels to move projects forward.
• Be able to work independently with minimal direction or guidance.
• Must have a high level of intensity and the ability to adapt with change.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.