Intuitive Surgical Careers
Technical Publications Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181607
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
Work as part of the technical publications team to create documentation project schedules for medical device literature including system user guides, user manuals, product labeling, and ship-with literature. Coordinate and support publication procurement functions including setting literature kitting requirements and conducting first article inspections of printed literature. Work with engineering change request system to set up new part numbers, develop change requests, and route documents for approval. Foster continuous improvement by managing various process improvement projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work with technical writers, graphic designers, engineering, project management office, and core teams to create project schedules for technical publication and global labeling deliverables.
• Participate in department improvement projects.
• Represent technical publications and global labeling on core teams.
• Identify project risks, resource overloads, and literature distribution constraints.
• Establish deadlines and vendor support needs with print vendors.
• Understand regulatory requirements for labeling and documentation. Work with regulatory on submission strategy and timelines.
• Create literature kitting and work with procurement for kitting fulfillment.
• Work with marketing commercialization team on international project roll out schedules.
• Create translation timelines with the translation manager and localization vendors.
• Coordinate with technical publications and global labeling management on resource needs and project timelines.
• Conduct first article inspections of printed product and labels when needed.
• Pull new part numbers and create ECOs in the engineering change management system.
• Create change requests for existing parts.
• PM needs to be flexible to support various other duties and assignments as requested to assist the overall function of the department.
• 1-4 years of project management preferred• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred• Creation of project schedules using MS Project or similar software preferred• Understanding of technical documentation creation processes required• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with core team leaders and other functions required• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required• Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently required• Experience with Agile Change Management software highly preferred• Previous experiences with medical devices in an FDA regulated environment highly preferred• Understanding of localization process preferred• Highly organized with good analytical skills preferred
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.