Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181611
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary function of the PMC Technician is to assess failure modes of semi-automated and automated test equipment, complete on-site preventive maintenance of equipment throughout ISI facilities, perform equipment calibration, and coordinate the calibration of equipment utilizing outside services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The PMC Technician works independently to implement Intuitive's PMC program. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Performs assessment and supports troubleshooting of ISI equipment not performing per equipment specifications.
• Manages Equipment Events (EEs) in SAP, ensuring satisfactory and immediate response to repair and/or escalate.
• Maintains PMC database and generates monthly PM and Calibration reports.
• Issues asset numbers for new or duplicate tooling & fixtures.
• Maintains calibration certificates and user manuals.
• Assists and/or performs Initial / Operational qualification and validation activities on Equipment Fixtures and Tooling
• Responsible for ECO implementation in regards to fixtures and tooling (i.e. taking obsolete fixtures out of service)
• Performs on-site preventive maintenance & calibration activitiesQualifications
• Develops and maintains spare parts inventory
• Develops and maintains replicate fixture/tooling list
• Maintains appropriate documentation and records of PMC activities
• Performs any other projects or duties that may be assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent or Associates Degree; 2+ years related experience or training.
• Proficient in SAP PMC Module (establishment of Work Orders, notification, Activation & Inactivation, and Results recording)
• Experience troubleshooting and resolving anomalies in Equipment, Fixtures, and Tooling
• Understanding of Quality Control, Inspection, Metrology, PMC, and GMP
• Comfortable with all phases of the product development process, including prototype assembly, test, debug, transfer, and sustaining
• Excellent creative problem-solving skills
• Good communication and documentation skills
• Comfortable troubleshooting and resolving complex assemblies
• Experience with measurement tools: dial calipers, micrometers, force gauges, Instron and other materials testing equipment
• Working knowledge of electronics and mechanical concepts
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.