Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Manager, Endoluminal
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181616
Intuitive Surgical: What MattersJoining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Product Manager will be an integral member of the team responsible for managing the entire product lifecycle of a new robotic endoluminal system, instruments and accessories, and associated ecosystem of software and services. This role includes defining the product roadmap, gathering and prioritizing product requirements, and working closely with clinical development engineering and new product development to deliver the product to the marketplace. This Product Manager role will include a special focus on the ecosystem of products and services that surround the core robotic system and will be responsible for understanding new opportunities and defining a strategy in this area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Conduct customer and competitive research and analysis to inform ecosystem product roadmaps, including, but not limited to: simulation, procedure planning hardware and software, integration with hospital information systems, customer data and analytics and adjacent product opportunities in the lung nodule diagnosis and treatment pathway.• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of lung cancer screening and the lung nodule patient pathway, from identification through diagnosis and treatment. Monitor trends, and competitive dynamics to inform product roadmap and development.• Responsible for developing and updating market requirements and product requirements with input from customers, product marketing, sales, clinical development engineering and new product development.• Maintain forecast for products and services by geography. Develop additional geographic forecasts as needed.• Manage cross functional product rollout team; Identify and track all product launch readiness tasks and conduct Phase Rollout Meetings.• Build and maintain relationships with physician development partners through site-visits, labs and customer feedback events to inform development priorities.• Provide product related support to sales, physicians and staff. Assist with product training for sales, physicians and staff.• Proactively communicate with senior management on the product development status and product quality issues.• Track competitive products and emerging technology. Identify complementary technology and potential industry relationships.• Provide support for tradeshows and on-site sales and marketing events, conducting product demonstrations and engage with key customers.
• Must be a highly passionate individual that notices and cares about design details and physician experience with medical technology
• Minimum 8 years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Management Consultant, Engineer, or Designer with a history of defining, developing and launching excellent products.
• BS degree in Biomedical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or demonstrated experience of bringing highly engineered products to market is highly preferred.
• MBA highly preferred.
• Experience in the medical imaging, electronic medical records, patient management software, and/or lung cancer therapeutic space is highly preferred.
• Experience with minimally invasive surgical robotics systems desired. Medical device experience is highly preferred.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and possess a demonstrated ability to work independently to define product strategy in new markets.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience presenting to peers and management.
• Experience defining and managing market and product requirements for hardware or software products is preferred.
• Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure product success and ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. This includes the ability to work well in bridging communication between engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customers.
• Ability to set and meet goals based on department and corporate objectives.
• Ability to work in surgical labs and operating rooms is required.
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.