Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager, Supplier Engineering – Systems
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181646
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
In this role, you will move surgery forward by putting the highest quality and most innovative products in the hands of our customers to enable better surgical outcomes for patients. The ideal candidate will apply their broad and deep hands-on experience in manufacturing to produce da Vinci surgical systems. This role is responsible for on-going sustaining and improvement efforts for all active Systems products. You will lead a high performing team to support these needs. Your team will select and develop our suppliers and manufacturing processes to produce high quality and reliable parts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage a high performing team of Supplier Engineers. Maintain a culture of achieving challenging goals. Coach and empower your team to continually improve.• Work closely with design, manufacturing, and project teams to implement performance, quality, capacity, and cost improvements. Mange project plans and timelines. Communicate to stakeholders on status.• Seek out new suppliers in support of product needs. Assess suppliers for capability to fit Intuitive’s quality and business requirements.• Develop suppliers to excel in all KPIs including Supplier Owned Quality, Capacity, and Sub-tier Management.• Empower suppliers to own completion of part qualification deliverables: pFMEA, Special Process Validations, FAI, Cpk Studies, Capacity Studies, DfX, and cost analysis.• Ensure compliance to quality management system and regulatory requirements. Lead and support supplier audits.• Lead your team to solve complex problems using structured problem solving techniques.• Apply improvements for supplier process issues by using true root cause analysis and corresponding corrective and preventive actions. (SCAR)• Execute on supply chain optimizations to meet cost reduction objectives.
• BS degree in Engineering or equivalent, Master’s degree preferred
• 10-15 years related experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Engineering, or related field
• Experience leading teams to solve difficult technical and process problems
• Proven ability to hire highly capable staff and grow and mentor talent
• Excellent project management, complex problem solving skills, and written/verbal communication skills
• Medical Device experience is a plus
• Ability to travel to suppliers (domestic and international ) as needed: 20-30%
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.