Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager, Compliance Training
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181649
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
About Intuitive Surgical:
If you want to focus the power of design onto something that really matters, as in a life changing, life enhancing innovation, this is a one-of-a-kind opportunity. We are the company behind the da Vinci® Surgical System. This elegant, robotic tour de force enables skilled surgeons to provide a precise, minimally invasive alternative to open (large incision) surgery. Our surgical systems have literally touched the lives of more than three million people worldwide. By employing some of the finest robotics, engineering and medical minds in the world, we’re building something very real, with real value to human life. We’re on our fourth-generation da Vinci Surgical System. And we’re just getting started.
Primary Function of Position:
The Sr. Manager, Compliance Training leads the ISI Quality Systems training function across the company by interfacing with all functions that have internal ISI Quality System training needs associated with compliance for their respective function(s). The role will be responsible for leading efforts to improve the design and delivery of the Global Quality System training strategy. This cross functional role will oversee the creation, tracking, and management of training logistics and delivery of training events utilizing internal or external resources. Responsible for guiding ISI’s training infrastructure at the database and user levels that impact Quality System training efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the overall improvement of ISI’s training process, working with Learning Management System (LMS) administrators and key stakeholders to evaluate training assignment and management processes, ensuring effectiveness and alignment of training to job function responsibilities.
• Facilitate or manage required federal, state and notified body regulatory training, Quality System and other required training.
• Measure and improve training compliance by consulting with managers, directors, functional content providers and VPs on organization-specific training requirements, including proper training assignment identification, and timely training completion.
• Manage projects to deploy new training curricula per core function and Quality System requirements.
• Develop, publish and present training metrics as needed, to determine and manage effectiveness of the training system.
• Develop and maintain structured methodology for life cycle management of training curricula.
• Work with all areas of the company in the creation and deployment of training infrastructure specific to departmental/business needs/projections.
• Collaborate with other training areas, including, but not limited to, HR, Sales, Manufacturing, and Customer Service to continuously improve training compliance across the company.
• Procure/develop/prepare best practice training content to insure ISI’s training infrastructure is compliant, comprehensible and in alignment with job functions and training methodology.
• Ensure the effective delivery of internal training, include course curriculum, logistics, certification evaluations and tools for post course effectiveness evaluation.
• Develop effective customer-centric success criteria.
• Work with the Learning Management System (LMS) Admins to manage/provide support and training through the LMS (such as: track employee additions, action item notifications, manage training items, schedule/track training, and compile/publish reports)
• Provide on-going LMS support to LMS Admins and employees, as needed.
• Develop/promote company training communications, articles and other literature to promote employee training programs.
• Responsible for developing a high functioning, high capacity, energetic team that is passionate about the compliance and effectiveness of a global learning management system
Skill / Job Requirements:
Minimum requirements in order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position
o Four year college degree, education and or training degree/concentration preferred.
o Minimum 8 years training experience, preferably in a Regulatory/regulated, medical device and/or Operations environment.
o Experience in the deployment of a company-wide training system is highly desired.
o Proficiency with a Learning Management System (LMS) preferably Success Factors.
o Successful track record of managing teams of varying levels of experience.
o Proficiency with BOXI application report generation and SAP.
o Ability to communicate technical information at multiple levels to aid in knowledge transfer and enhancement of job skills for employees.
o Ability to present training course material to large and small groups of people and to effectively facilitate the learning process.
o Experience working with regulatory, quality systems and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) requirements, especially pertaining to training, quality records and process control required.
o Strong project management skills with ability to deliver complex projects on time and on budget.
o Agility: Ability to multi-task and adapt to change without losing focus of priorities.
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, negotiation and influencing skills.
o Excellent English verbal, presentation development, delivery and written communication skills.
o Strong initiative in decision-making, self-motivated, self-starter, driven to achieve results consistently and assumes responsibilities with limited direction.
o Strong experience working with technology, computers and standard software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.