Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Program Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181654
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex surgical systems (including instruments and accessories) for use in surgery. We are looking for an individual to manage projects associated with the development of these products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Program Manager role is responsible for driving complex product development efforts from conception to manufacturing transfer. Responsibilities include creating and maintaining project schedules, provide input and monitor project budgets, and communicate status cross-functionally. Responsibilities include:
• Driving a portfolio of product design projects
• Ensure Design Control processes are followed per relevant procedures
• Organize and lead design review meetings
• Provide clear communication to the organization on project status, critical path, as well as potential areas of risk
• Work closely with Regulatory, Quality and Customer Service, Training and Tech Pubs organizations to ensure input and representation in the development process
• Work closely with NPI counterparts to ensure prototypes, supplier and manufacturing activities are scheduled and tracked appropriately
• Contributes to product prioritization decisions by providing data and analysis from current and past projects
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, implementation, validation and transfer
• Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful with the ability to deal with conflict and drive to solution
• Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
• Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once
• Requires knowledge of engineering, product strategy and business management
• Experience in analyzing tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements, produce-ability and cost
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution
• Minimum 8 years of experience involved in the development and commercialization of products
• Medical device experience required
• Certification in project management (PMP) desired
• BS or equivalent work experience
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.