Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Software Engineer, NPI
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181677
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The position will be responsible for design and development of applications, algorithms and calibration systems to ensure quality of vision systems for da Vinci robotic systems. The individual will be an integral part of the Vision New Product Integration team. This position is expected to have multidisciplinary skills and ability to understand and consider the entire vision stack from image sensor to image visualization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and document applications and algorithms for test and calibration of ISI’s vision systems including endoscopes.Qualifications
• Work with vision design team to develop algorithms and applications for comprehensive calibration and test of endoscopes and accompanying vision systems according to requirement specifications.
• Work with embedded software teams to create diagnostics to support calibration and testing of vision systems, including endoscopes.
• Ensure FDA and ISO compliance through documentation, unit testing, peer reviews, and validation.
• Collaborate with the product team, hardware designers, and manufacturing engineers to streamline product calibration and diagnostics.
• Develop software infrastructure to ensure seamless software deployments
• Minimum a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical, mechatronics, or a similar field.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in objective-oriented programming.
• Experience with programing for imaging/vision systems, instruments, or equipment control preferred.
• Proficient in Python language and familiarity with Matlab and C/C++ programming.
• Experiences with cameras, image sensors, or image processing fundamentals a plus
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills with the ability to relate to different people in cross-functional teams.
• Capability to work independently and as a team to meet company and FDA requirements.
• Should be able to multi-task and handle production issues and project tasks
• Ability to troubleshoot/solve problems independently
• Experiences with JIRA, Git, Agile, SAP, and MKS Integrity
• Experiences with high volume manufacturing or manufacturing support
• Experiences with real-time, multi-tasking, embedded operating systems.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.