Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager, IT Network & Security Infrastructure
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181723
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of Company that is really passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of this Position:
This Senior Manager has primary ownership of Network and Security infrastructure systems. The candidate will collaborate with various teams across the organization consisting of technical and business subject matter experts and deliver Network and Security services to meet the current and future state of the organization. The candidate will hire, grow, and manage a team of people from technical disciplines. The candidate will work closely with the program and project management team to execute implementation of Network and Security projects.
This position reports to Senior Manager IT Infrastructure. The primary responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that investments and initiatives in Network and Security infrastructure services align with organizational strategy and priorities• Develop and manage the ISI worldwide Network and Security infrastructure by working closely with the Infrastructure, Application teams.• Prioritize programs and projects based on changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies• Work with IT leaders to develop resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for the day-to-day functions of the department and the organization• Manage and develop skills and capabilities of Network and Security staff.• Engage with cross-functional business leaders to objectively analyze the organization’s ability to absorb change and adopt project and programs post-deployment• Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure Network and Security infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for resource administration and appropriate use.• Practice asset management, including maintenance of Network and Security infrastructure component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.• Provides “ownership” of problems thru final resolution.• Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards to support the goals of the organization.• Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for Network and Security IT projects and associated efforts.• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.• Negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure Network and Security infrastructure products and services.• Assess, approve, and administer all Network and Security equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
• Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
• Experience with enterprise NAC solutions, Cloud Networks/Direct Connect, Network Automation tools and MDM solutions.
• Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change
• Able to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
• Competent in project management, governance formulation, and team management
• Working knowledge of risk management, standards, and policies formulation
• Expert in financial management and organizational change management
• Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting
• Must have demonstrated leadership ability, business acumen, and industry knowledge
• Experience in leading projects and programs within and outside IT, as well as those that involved external providers
• More than 10 years of IT Network and Security, project, program, or portfolio management experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related degree required
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws