Intuitive Surgical Careers
Systems Analyst (Robotic Controls Engineer)
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181758
Intuitive Surgical: What Matters
Primary Function of Position:
Systems Analysts (Robotic Control Engineers) at Intuitive Surgical perform a central role in the design, development, and support of new products in the daVinci Surgery product line. Systems Analysts are primarily responsible for the tele-robotic motion control algorithms, robotic manipulator control and safety algorithms for new surgical robots and surgical instruments. This responsibility crosses into electrical, mechanical, software, control, user interface, and safety engineering where all the subsystems are integrated together. Systems Analysts strive to provide early design input, quickly prove out new designs, and seek out solutions to subtle and challenging problems in system integration and motion control. Responsibilities continue until the products are shipping to customers with the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Contribute to design of new surgical platforms and instruments through control system analysis and characterization of prototypes.Qualifications
• Implement motion control algorithms
• Apply control theory to the design and verification of mechatronic and tele-robotic systems
• Analyze complex electro-mechanical devices for dynamic safety and clinical risk
• Create safety monitoring algorithms based on sound physics
• Participate in clinical observations and experiments to ensure that performance requirements are relevant and realistic
• Document and pursue intellectual property
• Communicate system performance to the organization as a whole
• Improve group work-flow through tool building and teaching others
• Support and track system performance as it moves from design to manufacturing.
• Masters in EE or ME with a minimum 2 years of experience in control aspects of mechatronic systems or PhD in control of mechatronic systems.
• Theoretical training in and experience implementing classical and modern servo control systems.
• Possess strong embedded C programming capabilities as well as hardware, software, and mechanism integration skills.
• Be guided by strong engineering intuition for mechatronic systems and at the same time be detail oriented and able to develop and push a single solution to completion.
• Excel in a high-energy team and demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Work independently while simultaneously balancing collaboration on project planning and communication.
• Show passion for product quality and continuous improvements.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.