Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Director, Talent Management
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181761
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Since our founding in 1995, Intuitive Surgical’s goal has been to take surgery beyond the limits of the human hand.™ In doing so, we keep one primary mission in mind: to extend the benefits of minimally invasive surgery to the broadest possible base of patients.
Our flagship product, the da Vinci® Surgical System, is a robotic surgical platform designed to transcend the limits of open surgery and traditional laparoscopic surgery. da Vinci expands the surgeon’s capabilities through improved visualization (3D-HD vision system), precision, dexterity, control and ergonomics. For many patients, even those with complex conditions, da Vinci Surgery can offer significantly less pain, less blood loss, a shorter hospital stay and a faster recovery compared to open surgery.
The daily efforts of our extraordinary team of talented, dedicated, motivated and principled team is reflected in the company’s exceptional growth and financial performance.
• In collaboration with business and HR leaders accelerate the implementation of a comprehensive and integrated global talent management framework related to performance management, talent/organizational reviews, succession planning, and alignment with learning and development offerings to enable cultural reinforcement and outstanding organizational, team and employee/business performance during a period of rapid globalization.
• Build upon existing and develop new innovative talent management programs and processes to improve depth, quality and engagement of talent across the organization; may include development and management of talent profiles, career paths, competency models, assessment tools, onboarding approach, and inclusion initiative to ensure appropriate global consistency and continuous improvement
• As the domain lead collaborate in the definition and implementation talent management modules within an integrated HCM that will provide the technology needed to scale our talent practices.
• Develop, design, and deliver learning & development solutions to support organizational needs using a blend of methodologies including technology enabled service delivery (LMS), self-managed learning, remote delivery, class room and on job learning as appropriate
• In partnership with internal communications develop and communicate an internal brand to promote a culture of learning and development
• Develop appropriate metrics and tracking mechanisms to build accountability, measure results, and optimize the impact of the talent management programs
• As a member of the HR leadership team be in active participant in the overall transformation of the function in support of the growing business needs.
• Be an exceptional practitioner in the growth and development of the Talent Management team.
Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Human Resources Management or related field preferred, Masters or PhD preferred, related experience considered in lieu of education.
• 7+ years of experience working across Talent Management
• Proven track record of bring a practice/program from concept to integrated business activity
• Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
• Strategic thinker with an ability to synthesize an array of information into simple complete thoughts
• A balance of creative vision and operational prowess
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.