Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manager, Technical Accounting - Product Operations
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181773
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
The Manager of Corporate Cost Accounting is a highly visible position that plays a critical role in achieving our overall objective of delivering best-in-class financial reporting and business partner support and analysis. This position will serve as a bridge between the Corporate Accounting and Product Operations FP&A teams to ensure that our Cost Accounting Processes are efficient, effective, and provide the right level of insight into our inventory related activities. This role will be responsible for developing full procedures and internal controls to ensure that the Company complies with US GAAP. The Manager of Corporate Cost Accounting will be responsible for monitoring of our controls, analytical review of inventory balances, and monitoring of timely compliance with our policies.
The Company’s operations has grown significantly over the past several years, and so has the demand for information relating to our inventory related activities. This is therefore a highly visible role that frequently interacts with executive management as part of reporting on our inventory standard setting processes, budgets, forecasting, and reporting on actuals. This role offers a great opportunity to work closely with a wide range of the Company’s Accounting, FP&A, and Product Operations departments. This role will further allow you to work with a small, agile, and high performing finance department to develop a broad and deep understanding of the Company’s business and operations that are essential for strong career development.
We are looking for leaders that can take on additional responsibility as they progress in their career and we are committed to providing an environment that foster career growth and development. We look to hire quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of our interesting journey in the world of robotic-assisted surgery, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
We are looking for someone that can drive strong project management processes within our finance and product operations to collect the data needed for decision-making and financial reporting purposes. The Manager, Cost Accounting, will be responsible for setting our product costing policies and manage our overall product costing processes. The Manager, Cost Accounting, will also be responsible for managing and coordinating the inventory reserve assessment and cycle count processes, as well as be responsible for analysis and reporting provided to management relating to inventory costing matters.
This is a great role for someone with strong technical skills that would like to get additional exposure into the Company’s product operations, accounting, and finance activities, as well as getting a deep understanding of the Company’s business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage the Company’s Cost Accounting Policies and Processes.
• Manage the standard costing setting activities, calendar, and deliverables.
• Manage the inventory reserve policy, process, controls, and related activities.
• Ensure that the Company’s accounting policies are appropriately applied to all inventory related activities and accounts.
• Manage the Company’s inventory count policies, processes, and activities.
• Coordinate budget and forecasting activities relating to inventory matters with the Company’s FP&A organization.
• Provide guidance and be the expert on all U.S. GAAP matters relating to inventory.
• Ensure that there is an efficient and effective process in place to ensure timely close and reporting of all inventory related matters by closely coordinating with the Company’s FP&A Organization.
• Develop key metrics to track accuracy of our inventory standards and to provide insight into our inventory related activities for management.
• 4-6 years of public accounting experience with strong technical accounting skills. CPA is highly preferred.
• Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to drive consensus and conclusions.
• High level of integrity and commitment to excellence.
• Strong analytical skills and high capacity for growth and the ability to change along with the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.