Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Equipment Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181776
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position is opened for the purpose of implementing and supporting Intuitive Surgical Product Manufacturing Equipment and Systems. The ideal candidate will be able to develop, design, test, implement, qualify, and maintain equipment, software, and processes that support ISI Product Manufacturing. Manufacturing and Test Equipment types will include Cautery, Hipot, Continuity, PCA/ICT, Leak/Flow, Robotic Assembly cells, PLC Controls, Laser Marking, Ultrasonic Welding and more. This position will require the engineer to implement systems and train users at multiple geographical locations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
• Design, maintain, and improve Intuitive Surgical High Voltage test systems
• Support manufacturing equipment by driving root-cause investigations and implementing solutions
• Write V&V protocols, lead V&V execution, and write V&V reports for equipment and processes
• Create and maintain equipment documentation
• Select and Lead outside contractors in the design and duplication of manufacturing equipment
• Lead cross-functional team projects focused on process and equipment improvements
• Improve test and manufacturing equipment to achieve better coverage, yield, and throughput
• Design manufacturing equipment and apply automation where feasible and affordable
• Transfer equipment to Contract Manufacturers and support them with change implementations, training, maintenance, and debug
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
• Minimum 8 years of experience in electronics and system design and a keen ability to read and interpret electronics schematics, system layouts, and complex system documentation
• BS degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, or 6years experience and a Master’s Degree
• Candidate must be of excellent character and energy, have high regard for detail, and embody a real excitement to learn, lead, and get to the bottom of issues
• “Self-starter” attitude and comfort in a hands-on environment
• Knowledge of FDA CFR Title 21 part 820 for medical devices
• Experience in understanding/reading/modifying software: Matlab, LabWindows/CVI, Python, LabVIEW, C, C++, Denso Robotics, Fanuc Robotics, AB PLC
• Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels and disciplines of the manufacturing organization
• Excellent ability to manage outside contractors
• Demonstrated ability to systematically analyze complex processes, electro-mechanical equipment, software, and data systems in order to effectively identify the root-causes of failures
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.