Intuitive Surgical Careers
FQI Technician 3
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181799
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
The Instruments Final Quality Inspection (IFQI) technician works under general direction, follows oral and/or written instruction and performs testing processes on in-house manufactured instruments. This position requires a highly-motivated team player to support quality screening for surgical instruments by simulating customer use, identify potential quality issues and working cross functionally to correct and verify issues prior to product release.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Understand and follow applicable QAP’s, Work Instructions to perform simulated surgical procedures utilizing a surgical robotic system, instruments and accessories.Qualifications
• Use measuring tools, test equipment/fixtures as required.
• Execute IQ/OQ protocols for capitalized and loaner systems
• Execute PPQ and V&V protocols
• Assisting QCE’s and ME’s in product quality investigation and root cause analysis
• Create EE’s, Rework work orders and monthly PMC work orders
• Understanding Matlab apps (GDLA, Maintenance Apps and Compiled matlab)
• Redline QAP and other applicable work instruction
• Assisting NPI Engineering during new instruments/accessories introduction and evaluation process.
• Assist QCE’s in SAP data mining and reports preparation
• Ability to manage projects and special assignments from the Management team
• Ability to conduct training for both Instruments and maintaining training records
• Ability to conduct weekly engineering walkthrough
• Initiate and implement efficiency and process improvement projects
• Coordinate with cross functional teams product flow prioritization
• Suggest improvements and efficiencies
• Ability to lead teams in Kaizen projects
• Follows all corporate, safety, production procedures and regulations
• Maintains an excellent attendance record in compliance with established manufacturing and quality attendance guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General Job Requirements:
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; minimum two years of experience at Intuitive Surgical.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
• Computer skills: Proficient in use of personal computers as part of daily work, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Other skills and abilities: Ability to work varying shifts. Must have ability to complete training courses. Ability to work in a team environment. Meticulous attention to detail.
• Clear understanding of IFQI instrument verification process
• Proficient with production instruments operations
• Thorough knowledge of base and advanced instruments test requirements
• Working knowledge of IFQI daily test log updates and EoS reports origination
• Working knowledge of SAP and Agile applications
• Clear understanding of product non-conformances (NCR’s) records origination and escalation process
• Working knowledge of GMP and GDP
• Working knowledge of Deviation process and requirements