Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Manager, Instrument & Accessories Services
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181827
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
The Product Manager is responsible for the development, go-to-market launch, and achievement of company goals related to Instrument & Accessories (I&A) Services. I&A Services include but are not limited to instrument reprocessing, I&A kitting, ordering & material flow optimization. This person is responsible for identifying unmet customer needs and designing new service solutions and incremental improvements to existing offerings. They will feed the pipeline with pure service solutions and service-plus-technology solutions that prepare our customers and service organizations for long-term success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify, justify and support development of new I&A services.• Represent the voice of the customer during I&A service development stages thereby driving requirements and gate reviews for projects.• Create compelling value propositions and messaging related to I&A services including how the value propositions fit into the overall corporate strategy.• Support existing services as an internal subject matter expert handling customer concerns escalated by sales, marketing and customer service to mitigate customer dissatisfaction and improve the customer experience.• Collaborate with industry partners to co-develop and/or co-market products & services.• Collaborate with customer service, regional marketing and sales teams in executing worldwide launch & on-going support of I&A services.• Manage inputs from sterile reprocessing specialist, customers, and new product verification engineering to prioritize improvements to reprocessing instructions and processes.
• I&A services roadmap• Business cases for new or expanded I&A services and industry collaborations• Refined feedback and insights gained through customer & sales interviews, customer observations and customer focus groups with an emphasis on hospital operations.• Product requirements for reprocessing and I&A service support• Training plans to prepare customer service, sterile reprocessing specialists and sales for launch of new services.
• 5+ years professional experience; Minimum 2 years’ in Product Marketing or Service Marketing
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA Preferred
• Knowledge of hospital operations required. Knowledge of sterile processing department highly desired preferred.
• Technical aptitude and capability
• Proven record of working cross-functionally with R&D, Operations and Customer Service a must.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities
• Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal work across multiple constituents.
• Ability to travel 30% with potential for increased travel during the on-boarding experience.
• IAHCSMM certification preferred; or willingness to pursue
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.