Intuitive Surgical Careers
External Applications Software Engineer
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 181864
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Work with a small team to design, develop, and maintain software tools for field service, testing, and manufacturing of minimally invasive surgical robots. Interface with other departments and teams within Intuitive Surgical to define requirements and improve existing tools, create and modify graphical user interfaces, etc.
The ideal candidate has a breadth of experience with software tools, languages, and designs, adapts quickly, and enjoys having a new challenge to resolve each week or each day. Effective collaboration and a system-level mindset will be critical to working effectively in a broad range of environments and languages. Collaboration with engineers and technicians of varied backgrounds and software development experience is also paramount to success.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design and implement GUI-based tools for internal use, especially field service, using various languages including, but not limited to, C++, Python, and MATLAB.• Develop effective, clear protocols and interfaces for supporting software tools and modules to accelerate future development, improve quality, and increase maintainability.• Port and refactor existing code to new standards and interfaces.• Produce technical documentation for software usage, design, interfaces, and practices to be used internally by both engineering and field service.• Position may require occasional travel, primarily within the US.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• 2+ years of experience in software development
• 1+ years of industry experience in C, C++, C#, or Java
• Proficient with Python and/or MATLAB
• Experience with graphical user interface design and implementation
• Technical leadership and the ability to pursue and establish project requirements independently
• Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills with an ability to relate to different people in cross-functional teams
• Significant experience with Qt, Visual Studio, and MATLAB or Python math libraries
• Significant experience with software development tools such as version control, code analysis, etc.
• Embedded C or C++ programming experience
• Robotics and control systems software development experience
• Experience with project and lifecycle management tools such as Agile, JIRA, Trac, and Microsoft Project
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.