Intuitive Surgical Careers
Project Manager, Facility Planning and Projects
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181865
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority. Human Resources is the people business of Intuitive Surgical. We attract, manage and engage our talent through advanced programs and global processes to support every employee in understanding how they contribute to our business, how they can develop professionally and how they can maximize their personal potential.
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of Company that is really passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the management of workplace planning, occupancy planning and Move Management and strategic space projects for Intuitive’s Sunnyvale Campus. The Project Manager will report to the Senior Program Manager and coordinate with other Project Managers/Facilities Managers to successfully deliver projects with minimum impact to employees or business operations. This includes management and coordination of all aspects of a space or move planning project: Programming, design, estimating, resource allocations, logistics, schedule facilitation, budgeting and completion follow through. In this role, you will:
• Partner with contacts within business groups on all workplace planning activities including developing business headcount forecasting and accurately tracking space needs.• Develop space options (including stack and block plans, architectural test-fits) and business case proposals for accommodating staffing and other business requirements.• Present and negotiate with business units to implement plans aligned with corporate guidelines, including scenarios to optimize use of space while meeting business requirements.• Responsible for integrity of the data in CAFM system related to occupancy, space utilization and departmental allocation. Identify goals and initiatives to continually improve occupancy accuracy and reporting.• Develop occupancy analysis reporting and dashboards to effectively communicate occupancy/vacancy ratios, capacity, churn, department space trends, headcount projections and workplace conditions.• Manage relocations including the development and execution of project planning activities, coordinate timing and resourcing of relocations, migration and phasing plans.• Manage design direction and integrity, as well as selection of furniture standards.• Participates in development and integration of occupancy planning tools and processes to improve efficiency.
Roles and Responsibilities:
PLANNING & CAPITAL/EXPENSE PROJECTS
• Support Senior Program Manager/Director on developing plans, budgets and schedules for facility modifications• Coordination and follow-through with strategic sourcing and procurement to execute RFP’s.• Facilitate project management meetings, documentation of minutes, following up on next steps.• Work with vendors to provide test-fit options, evaluation of design to corporate furniture standards and code requirements, develop estimates and project timeline.• Monitoring and controlling of projects during execution phase.
• Partner with contacts within business groups on all workplace planning activities including understanding program requirements, developing business headcount forecasting and accurately tracking space needs.• Develop space options (including stack and block plans, architectural test-fits) and business case proposals for accommodating staffing and other business requirements.• Present and negotiate with business units to implement plans aligned with corporate guidelines, including scenarios to optimize use of space while meeting business requirements.• Responsible for integrity of the data in CAFM system related to occupancy, space utilization and departmental allocation. Identify goals and initiatives to continually improve occupancy accuracy and reporting.• Develop occupancy analysis reporting and dashboards to effectively communicate occupancy/vacancy ratios, capacity, churn, department space trends, headcount projections and workplace conditions.• Manage design direction and integrity, as well as selection of furniture according to standards.• Participates in development and integration of occupancy planning tools and processes to improve efficiency.
• Develops Standard Work, checklists, policies and procedures, to define processes required for successful relocation activity. Identify gaps in knowledge, content and identify support opportunities to continuously improve and streamline relocation activities for Intuitive staff and operations.• Develops tracking methodology to document all department activity. Prepare information for presentation, sharing and analysis for future growth and workload planning. Identifies and prepares Performance Metrics to measure activity, volume impacts, costs and customer satisfaction with relocation activities.• Develops understanding of all costs related to Move, Add and Change requests and creates metrics to accurately budget resources. Seeks methods to improve efficiency for executing these services and brings forth cost savings solutions to leadership.• Engages in project oversight of minor construction projects supporting Change work requests. Position requires close oversight and structured training of staff directly involved in completing the Change functions.• Envisions customer needs during relocations and identifies opportunities to enhance staff and client experiences when relocating departmental operations.• Communicates opportunities to leadership to enhance “new ways to work”; provides leaders feedback from staff as they embrace new locations that could improve productivity and engagement.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture or business from an accredited institution.• 8+ years in Interior Design, Space Planning, Construction, Architecture or related field• Excellent customer service skills including strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.• Strong spatial skills with experience in the implementation of workplace strategies and the ability to translate business requirements into space requirements for the business units.• Analysis of real estate and space related data, ability to direct trending analysis.• Financial analysis and budgeting skills related to space planning and project management.• Ability to work with all levels of the employees and external vendors.• Experience managing construction and MAC projects, overseeing and directing the work of others in multiple locations.• Strong mechanical aptitude as it relates to furniture, fixtures and equipment in the workplace.• Able to manage processes and relationships within a matrix organization• Familiarity with CAFM tools as well as PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Projects.• Ability to act as both a thought leader and operational expert around relocation services and activation activities.• Ability to understand customer input in relocation services analysis and design; identify root causes and unintended effects of changes; see issues, problems, or solutions that are not obvious to others; manage processes that are simple, effective and easy to execute and replicate.• Ability to understand customer work flow processes and identify relocation improvements; provide project organization based upon customer needs and requirements for staff during relocations; exhibit strong interview techniques to gather customer specific information for use in relocations, activation and occupancy processes.• Ability to create financial, resource and relocation plans appropriate to the scope and urgency of the project; recognize colleagues with appropriate skill sets and develop teams according to project needs; monitor project progress at established milestones and reports internally and externally; manage project scope and adjust plan accordingly; establish processes for managing, tracking and communicating project changes.• Ability to establish and meet goals, support and facilitate the work of others, and manage multiple projects/requests simultaneously with minimal direction. Excellent team facilitation, written and verbal communication skills. Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team.• Ability to influence effectively in a matrix structure.• Ability to quickly learn new tools, process improvement and change management.• Knowledge of key processes and workflow issues impacting the provision of services and role of facilities in supporting clinical and business objectives.• Knowledge of California Healthcare Construction, OSHA, Facilities, Infrastructure, and Safety
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.