Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181868
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
As Senior Designer, you will play an essential role in the strategy and execution of products and services across different media, including web, advertising, editorial and print. You are the champion for consistency across all brand and communication touch points. You will translate business needs into compelling customer experiences — relying on your strong production design skills to make this happen. You will conceptualize and design solutions from start to completion. You are curious, passionate, self-starter with an eye for detail.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Think strategically and understand all aspects of print and digital product, brand, and user experience
• Actively shape and enforce visual consistency across all communications and platforms
• Turn user needs and business goals into compelling experiences
• Balance creative requirements with the realities business needs
• Create wireframes / mood-boards / storyboards to communicate design intent
• Lead client presentations — present concepts and design intent to cross-functional partners
• Design and build presentations that can be talked through but also stand on their own
• Execute designs from conception to final mechanical file hand-off to print and/or digital production teams
• Iterate on design ideas
• Generate creative assets to support our marketing and sales team
Within the first year, we expect the Senior Designer to:
• Take design lead on at least one or more large campaigns
• Initiate and lead project brainstorming sessions
• Collaborate with print coordinators or digital production team to ensure proper execution of design intent
• Pitch in on marketing & communication requests (develop advertisements, email templates, etc.)
• Design mentor team members
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design and related work experience
• 7+ years’ experience designing for in-house marketing team, start up, or agency
• 5+ years of brand and communication design
• 3+ years of user experience design for software or web
• Strong visual design skills — typography, color theory, and composition
• Propose and provide multiple design directions / approaches for projects
• Strong written and verbal communication skills — must be able to articulate the rationale for every design decision
• Ability to work within established visual guidelines and frameworks
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the latest design tools including Adobe CC
• Clear understanding of how to prioritize and optimize work based on business needs and timelines
• Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
• Excellent self-management skills
• Must be adept at shifting gears
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.