Intuitive Surgical Careers
da Vinci Area Sales Manager- NJ
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Newark
Requisition ID: 181877
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
A da Vinci® Area Sales Manager is responsible for selling the da Vinci® Surgical System to greenfield and existing hospitals within the da Vinci® Area Sales Manager’s assigned territory. This requires a number of capabilities including knowledge in the use of robotics, the ability to build a team of advocates within each hospital, strong solution selling skills, and enough tenacity to insure sales objectives are met on a consistent basis. da Vinci® Area Sales Managers are expected to provide an extraordinary degree of information gathering and presenting to buying teams throughout the capital equipment purchasing process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage the complex sales process of da Vinci® Surgical Systems into new hospitals and upgrades into existing hospitalsQualifications
• Build support from surgeons and administration for da Vinci® Surgery. Identify key institutions, generate market awareness, and drive sales of the da Vinci® Surgical System within an assigned sales territory
• Effectively manage transition of initial sale and installation to the sales team to drive procedural volume and growth
• Achieve quarterly sales targets
• Partner with the da Vinci® Area Sales Director to develop a sales plan for their local territory
• Build surgical advocacy teams at each hospital
• Develop initial contact and relationship with CEO and senior hospital administrators
• Organize and manage the sales process
• Develop knowledge of primary OR procedures
• Make business case for system purchase
• Resolve contractual issues and coordinate system installation upon purchase approval
• Handle all communications and administrative follow-up
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required• Minimum of 5 years sales experience preference for experience in healthcare or capital sales• Knowledge of the operating room environment• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills• Proven successful track record in capital medical equipment sales• Sales management experience a plus• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills• Ability to travel up to 50%, dependent upon account distribution• Success in introducing new technologies to the market is a plus
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.