Intuitive Surgical Careers
Director Global Market Access & Health Economics
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181880
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The purpose of the Director, Global Market Access & Health Economics (ION) is to develop and execute market and patient access strategies in support of pre-launch, launch and post-launch commercialization plan. Market and patient access strategies will also incorporate both, applied health economic “value creation & demonstration” strategies in support of managing intersections with key healthcare stakeholders (i.e., P5 stakeholders – patients, physicians, providers, payers and policymakers), and development and execution of a comprehensive coverage/access, reimbursement and coding development within the U.S. and global focus markets.
The role will be a key constituent in the Global Market Access Team and will be dedicated to the ION R&D and Commercialization Team(s). This role will be a key player in collaborating with ION Commercialization Team Globally on development and execution of market and patient access strategies. These strategies will focus on but not be limited to: garnering key insights, creating value through applied clinical/economic value analyses, value dissemination and securing lasting agreements/relationships with various key P5 stakeholders. These strategies will be achieved via execution of key initiatives focused on: market research, development of evidence and evidence gap management, creating and disseminating clinical/economic materials, economic modeling, literature reviews, performing customer QTI/Custom Analytics, market archetype segmentation analyses/strategies, persona identification, go-to-market inventory assessments and providing strategic insights to influence and educate key stakeholders.
This position will operate in a fully integrated matrix environment as a full business partner to various assigned corporate R&D, commercial/marketing, clinical and governmental affairs organizations, along with various ISI global/region/country commercial sales teams.
1. Support ION Commercialization Teams/Organizations through patient, provider and payer healthcare economic insights.
2. Work extensively with provider and payer organization to optimize coverage, coding and reimbursement for ION with payer, agency and HTA organizations.
3. Work collaboratively via collaborating with ION product development, sales/marketing, clinical and governmental affairs and corporate leadership to strengthen the consultative perspective on the market access, health economics solutions, patient journey, HTA and reimbursement strategies in various focus markets.
4. Create in collaboration with the ISI Global HEOR Team evidence on ION and then partner with sales and marketing to train and educate in an effort to disseminate clinical/economic evidence and insights via quantifying the impact on the “total economic and clinical value” of ION to existing and future economic decision makers.
5. Work collaboratively with ISI Market & Patient Access, HTA and HEOR team(s), along with ION Product Development Team, on the evidence development, education and direct customer dissemination on the impact of ION to external decision makers during technology assessment, procurement, tendering and subsequent contracting processes.
a. Utilization of tools such as, but not limited to: cost consequence, utilization analyses, cost effectiveness valuing, time value and motion, business performa models, throughput, opportunity cost, budget impact modeling, global value dossiers, stakeholder technology assessment response tools and customer analytical platform.b. Work specifically with national and regional Regional/Country hospital claims data and other specific “big-data” databases analyses; working in concert with Global HEOR.
6. Engineer Regional/Country specific health economic market assessments to appropriately identify hospital stakeholder and barriers, trends, customer unmet need, strategic insight, strategic imperatives, stakeholder prioritization, market segmentation, targeting, messaging and positioning; all of which will be utilized to develop country level patient access strategies and feed into the global market access strategy for ION.
7. Foster and grow key c-suite relationships, administrative and economic decision-maker KOLs and potential partnerships via providing strategic economic and analytical insights with external decision makers during health technology assessments (HTAs), procurement, tendering, quota and subsequent contracting processes.
8. Provide regular voice-of-customer (VOC) feedback on clinical and economic challenges being faced by l hospital stakeholders and generate ideas on how our products can serve as a solution to these issues.
9. Identify areas of synergy, collaborate with and share best practices with the Regional/Country Government/Public Affairs team.
10. Assist in prioritizing and sequencing appropriate targets to minimize and maximize utility; in return enabling greater speed and effectiveness of commercialization activities with our distributor partners.
11. Support, Regional/Country reimbursement strategies and HTA reviews for ION.
• Broad based experiences and working knowledge of various Regional/Country healthcare systems and hospital providers, payers, surgeons, health technology assessment (HTA) agencies, reimbursement systems and trends influencing technology and adoption.
• Extensive experience and comfort in presenting and defending evidence with key clinical and economic decision makers in meetings.
• Extensive experience in health economics, market and patient access, and interaction with hospital stakeholders and decision makers. Experiences in clinical, evidence based, reference and analytical selling tactics and field marketing are highly desired.
• Provide perspective and operate analytical models, global and country specific value dossiers and libraries to perform real-time analyses and illustrate opportunities and impact.
• Assist in developing commercially accepted economic material “leave” behind.
• Perform and oversee country broad-based economic assessment and highlight meaningful regional influences and trends with little direction.
• Manage Regional/Country health economic “thought leaders” (i.e., KOL) and key subject matter expert (SME) relationships through interactions with hospitals, surgeons and agencies to increase economic evidence.
• Solid understanding of disease and clinical pathways, inpatient and surgical treatment approaches, hospital inpatient settings, product IFU and supportive health information levels of evidence.
• Strong reporting, project management, analytical and prioritization skills.
• Results oriented and natural business acumen.
• Self-motivated, self-starter, work independently and can create structure within ambiguity.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to perform in a fast-paced, results-oriented, diverse cross-functional matrix organization that focuses on a high degree of teaming, both with partner distributors and ISI global departments, but balanced with self-directing independent effort.
• Advanced computer skills, including: Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Tableau.
• Preferred location Sunnyvale, California.
• Must be able to travel 30% of time.
Education and Experience:
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.