Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Security Verification Engineer – Embedded Systems
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181914
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive Surgical is building a new product security team to support a wide range of Intuitive Surgical products. Our team is responsible for all aspects of product security including secure development lifecycle, architecting, analyzing and building security solutions for our products, conducting security analysis, cybersecurity risk analysis, security testing, verification and validation.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our dynamic, fast growing organization! Are you a motivated hands-on embedded security engineer? Do you possess a strong work ethic? Are you up-to-date on security technologies? If so, join us to thrive in our high-energy working environment.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute broadly to the Product Security Team and Software Engineering group to analyze and test security solutions and features for our current and next-generation surgical robotic systems. The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy small team environment, be able to drive to solutions from rough requirements, and have a commitment to high product quality throughout the entire product lifecycle.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to the security analysis, implementation and verification of state of the art surgical robotic systems.
• Opportunity to contribute broadly to many areas of product security, including but not limited to:
o Development of security requirements and design validation methodologies.o Develop and execute test strategies and test plans.o Contribute to security evaluation and threat assessments of a wide range of Intuitive Surgical products.o Identify areas of improvement in our products, development and manufacturing processes, make recommendations, and help refine our Secure Product Development Lifecycle.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering (MS degree is a plus) and a minimum 6 years of professional experience in information security domain.
• Strong understanding of embedded systems, software, and hardware-software interface.
• Sound knowledge of information security concepts and cryptography fundamentals.
• Experience on security verification and testing of software and hardware.
• Experience on embedded system development with C/C++ and scripting languages (Python is a plus)
• Experience on security testing, validation and verification practices, techniques and tools.
• Familiarity with product security assessments, threat modeling, and risk analysis
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Good communication and documentation skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Self-motivated; ability to work under general supervision; receptive and supportive of team efforts
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.