Intuitive Surgical Careers
Stock Administration Supervisor
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181921
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will play a key role in supervising Intuitive’s global equity incentive programs, with a focus on data accuracy and security compliance. Working from our Sunnyvale, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with colleagues throughout the company to develop creative solutions to problems. This position supervises one employee.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supervise the Stock Administration department, managing the Stock Administrator
• Manage the monthly chargeback process
• Act as backup to the Sr. Manager, Payroll, Stock Administration and HRIS for the development and tracking of 10b5-1 Trading Plans and 16b Form 3, 4 & 5 filings
• Assist with maintaining database integrity and ensure accuracy of record keeping of employee and equity data
• Work closely with the company’s transfer agent, outside brokerage service provider, and internal Legal, Payroll, People, Financial Reporting, Tax and other teams, as necessary
• Act as backup for Assist with processing new equity awards and distribution of online grant agreements
• Assist with monthly, quarterly, and yearly reconciliation of records between Human Resources, Accounting, Payroll, and Stock Administration records
• Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual reporting disclosures
• Collaborate with internal and external auditors and a worldwide Finance team for quarterly reviews and year-end audits, and also ensure that internal controls and procedures are followed
• Generate recurring reports and respond timely to ad hoc data requests from business partners
• Provide excellent customer service to equity participants at all levels and to partners throughout Intuitive Surgical and respond quickly to employee questions in a courteous manner
• Provide periodic training to employees on the Company’s equity programs
Characteristics of a qualified candidate:
• Outstanding analytical, communication, and organizational skills• Excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and ability to manage multiple matters• Detail-oriented, business-friendly team player with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment• Strong work ethic and ability to work independently• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and internal/external partners• Energy, enthusiasm and follow-up skills necessary to drive results• Self-motivated, reliable, flexible, deadline-oriented, have a keen attention to detail, and can complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion, independently with minimal supervision• Able to maintain strict confidentiality in a very open and transparent environment
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or another related field
• Advanced CEP Certification
• 8+ years of stock administration experience
• E*TRADE Equity Edge Online experience
• Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation and general knowledge of global taxation of equity compensation
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
• Basic knowledge of the requirements of ASC718, Accounting for stock compensation expense
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.