Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manager, Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181927
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
• Lead the ramp up and establishment of a high performing, long term sustainable production supply chain, in support of the vision product segment for Camera/ Endoscope Production Lines.
• Lead a team of master schedulers and buyers to manage the demand and supply planning, procurement and fulfillment operations.
• Responsible for supply continuity, world class delivery and costs, measured via goals around Build Plan, Yield, Cost and Inventory targets.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationship between Intuitive and direct & key sub-tier suppliers.
• Exercise influence over tier-1 and sub-tier suppliers to execute to Build Plan and project commitments. Proactively identify issues and pull resources together across Intuitive worldwide to resolve.
• Develop, maintain and communicate metrics that are aligned with team, Business Unit and Corporate objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure continuity of supply of materials required for the manufacture of Endoscopes while meeting cost and delivery requirementsQualifications
• Participate in the Sales and Operations planning/procurement processes in support of the Vision Supply Chain ; Coach and manage planner/buyers to attain targets
• Drive improvements in cost and delivery metrics as applicable ; Establish and achieve departmental goals, by developing plans to execute
• Enable scale up of New Product Development programs in-house or in outsourced manufacturing environment; Outsourced manufacturing activities include monitoring the status & resolving the challenges at the Contract Manufacturer to ensure material/ capacity requirements are in place to meet the production requirements.
• Report to senior management on the status of associated supply chain metrics
• Develop and manage team budget and allocate resources appropriately to achieve departmental objectives
• Evaluate and provide annual performance feedback to direct reports.
• Provide ongoing performance coaching and develop leadership personnel in order to enable future growth
• Identify needs within own organization. Hire, train and develop personnel to meet those needs.
• Create department operating procedures, work instruction, and work flows.
• Maintain compliance within the department to all applicable regulatory requirements
• Drive high quality outcomes by carefully analyzing data and information in complex situations. Maintain objectivity even when under pressure to make decisions based on available information.
• Education and/or Experience:
• BA or BS degree or equivalent and 10 years or more experience in Supply Chain management in multiple areas such as Production Planning, master scheduling and purchasing/ inventory management.
• 3 to 5 years or more experience in a previous supervisory or management position. Master’s degree and/or Experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of Supply Chain areas around planning, procurement/ materials management, fulfillment
• Familiarity/Ease with Microsoft Office suite of programs (Excel, PowerPoint) and MRP systems required. SAP and Agile experience preferred.
• Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction.
• The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment. Will motivate and lead the team with a strong sense of urgency.
• Proven ability to hire highly capable staff, and grow and mentor staff
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills (written and verbal) interacting with partners, suppliers and internal stakeholders across different time zones
• Ability to make effective presentations to peers and suppliers
• Domestic and International travel required
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.