Intuitive Surgical Careers
Analyst I, Finance
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182052
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of Company that is really passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
The Analyst 1, Finance is a recent college graduate looking to learn a foundation of critical skills to support a career in Corporate Finance or Sales Operations through a rotation program. The program runs for two years, composed of four 6-month rotations through various functions such as Corporate FP&A, Product Ops FP&A, Corporate Accounting and Commercial Finance. At the conclusion of the 2-year rotation, graduates of the program matriculate into experienced roles within the finance organization to support our fast-growing business.
This position supports the organization by providing financial and operational business performance analyses to management. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, future requirements and operating forecasts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor, identify and communicate financial and operational performance to senior leaders within Finance, Sales, Marketing, Product Operations or G&A functions• Provide business analytics and statistical analysis to support the business decision making process.• Develop financial models and review and assess investments based on ROI calculations and business strategy• Provide financial controllership for cost center budgeting and forecasting• Support the month-end close process• Generate monthly reporting and business metrics packages• Support monthly and quarterly processes• Monitor and analyze effectiveness of resource utilization• Design and implement scalable processes to report key business metrics• Create ad-hoc analyses and business forecasts• Identify and drive implementation of cost reduction and process improvement projects• Work with all functional groups to meet financial goals
• BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree
• 0-3 years related experience
• Strong excel skills are a necessity (pivot tables, VBA macros, lookup functions, shortcuts)
• Ability to learn business systems and application (such as Hyperion, Essbase, Ariba, Tableau, SQL)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Superb analytical skills with a focus on solving complex business issues
• Proven self-starter with ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.