Intuitive Surgical Careers
Logistics Compliance Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182058
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Logistics Compliance Manager collaborates with Global Trade Compliance to establish compliant logistics policies and procedures to ensure import and export transactions are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. This position will supervise and lead local staff and must have excellent communication, problem solving skills and be able to effectively communicate with senior management as well as transaction level associates. Candidates for this position need a bachelor’s degree in logistics, business or operations management along with 8 to 10 years of related international trade experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee activities relating to import and export documentation and regulations associated with the distribution function. Areas of responsibility include: import-export licensing; EEI filing accuracy; US import and export classification accuracyQualifications
• Establish departmental and operational KPIs
• Power of Attorney is current and available for import and export service providers
• Ensure SOPs are in place and current with import and export service providers
• Collaborate with Global Trade Compliance to evaluate and implement regulatory changes that impact logistic compliance operations
• Develop an on-going maintenance of US Import and Export Compliance Manuals
• Develop training and certification requirements for Shipping associates with international logistics involvement
• Escalation point of contact to ensure all Intuitive Surgical US imports and export transacted in accordance to US Regulations.
• Freight Forwarder management: Ensure EEI filing on time, and HTS code accuracy, KPIs
• Ensure product classification and other trade data available with Custom Brokers, periodic audit entry packages for accuracy, and ensure adherance to record retention policy.
• Establish and maintain Broker and Freight Forwarder scorecard.
• Ensure that company procedures including SOX, Customs and FDA requirements are understood and adhered to.
• Implement short-term problem containment and long-term corrective actions for distribution and customs issues.
• Develop continuous improvement of current systems and processes.
• Identify gaps within the department and develop plans to close as necessary.
• Candidates for this position need a bachelor’s degree in logistics, business or operations management along with 8 to 10 years of related international trade experience. An MBA is desirable
• Extensive experience of international shipping documentation.
• Extensive knowledge of HS and ECCN classification
• Broad knowledge of import/export US regulations
• Comprehensive experience managing Customs Brokers
• Extensive experience in Carnet Preparation
• Extensive knowledge of INCOTERMS
• Detailed understanding of material movement in a manufacturing environment, including; import and export requirements, regulatory guidelines, high volume package shipments and low volume freight shipments.
• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP.
• Proven track record of being an effective achiever in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing or distribution company.
• Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.