Intuitive Surgical Careers
Network Applications Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182112
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking passionate software developers to help build applications that enable the transfer of data between IOT educational products and cloud infrastructures. Furthermore, this developer will partner with web application developers to extract meaning from the profuse amount of educational data for our customers so they may better their performance.
Your core role will be to work with architectural leads to define, build and deploy functional communications pipelines that move large amounts of data across our infrastructure and to work closely with front end developers to display relevant and actionable information to our customers. This is a great opportunity to create an extremely groundbreaking product that positively impacts the lives of people.
As part of the design team, immediate responsibilities include:
• Build data infrastructure in collaboration with a lead engineer:
o Develop functional asynchronous data pipelines that have high throughput and are resilient to failure using the latest software technologieso Develop SQL queries and stored procedures that effectively store data in an efficient mannero Develop applications that interface with 3rd party Restful APIso Develop Restful APIs for use by 3rd partieso Verification test all manners of software related to data transfer, Restful APIs, and Web UI
• Build applications to help people understand and visualize data coming from our next generation low latency streaming protocol from our robot. These tools will enable the acquisition of rich data from robot for use with research partners, internal engineers, UI and software developers, and many others in the company.• Create rich web and mobile applications to replay, annotate and interact with synchronized surgical video, audio, system events and rendered robot motion
We have a wide spectrum of work to do and are looking for the right person over a precise set of skills.
The candidate will have some combination of following skills/abilities:
• Educational background Math/Statistics, Software, Electrical, or Computer Engineering related program with 2 to 5 years of industry working experience• Enthusiasm and passion for current IOT software technology.• Interest in data analytics and a desire to derive meaning from reams of data• Experience in statistical modeling with context of data discovery, data analysis, and machine learning.• Technologies and Languages:
• Visualization Frameworks and tools
o d3.jso three.jso Highchartso more generally, SVG, HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, etc.
• Other web frameworks and tools
o jQueryo AngularJS
• Backend experience
o Apacheo Flasko Basic Linux administration familiarityo AWS or other cloud based deployment experience
• Expertise in visually representing complex information in an actionable and impactful way.• Ability to work in an ambiguous, dynamic, and often fast-paced environment.• Comfortable working in a collaborative / team-based approach.• Ability to lead cross-functional/business projects.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.