Intuitive Surgical Careers
Director, Enterprise Architecture and Technology Innovation
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182131
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of this Position:
The Director of Enterprise Architecture and Technology Innovation is responsible for leading the creation or evolution of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) function, including the coordination of enterprise information systems, data, technical and solution architecture. He/She is also responsible for defining EA processes and leading the integration of these processes with other related business and IT processes. He/She will track and apply innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the business model to assess their potential, and use rapid prototyping approaches to evolve innovations. He/She will also run technology experiments, helping to create new products and services and integrating the best of these into steady-state operations for the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility for:
• Provides architectural direction and guidance to enterprise architects, business architects, data architects and solution architectsQualifications
• Partners with business leaders to act as an advisor to IT strategic planning efforts
• Facilitates technology strategy decisions through consulting and support in execution
• Introduces and accelerates new technologies and methodologies to support technology transformation
• Scan the world for major disruptive technology and nontechnology trends (trendspotting) that affect business. Provide practical advice and best practices to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
• Leads the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements
• Manage the User experience team within IT that is responsible for conceiving and conducting user research and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. Also, support user acceptance testing and usability studies to ensure the solution meets the identified need and can be effectively supported by the various internal support organizations.
• Analyzes industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise
• Analyzes the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement
• Work with the business & IT Stakeholders to identify partnerships and products that help our cross-functional teams improve outcomes
• Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise
• Ensures that the optimal governance structure and compliance activities
• Leads the development of an implementation plan for EA, based on business requirements and IT strategies
• Oversees EA implementation, ongoing EA refinement activities, and the documentation of all EA design and analysis work
• Consults with program/project teams to fit solutions to architecture across all viewpoints
• Defines organizational requirements for the resources, structures, and cultural changes necessary to support the EA
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
• Knowledge of and experience with management (theory and practice)
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Knowledge of all components of a holistic EA
• Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
• Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
• Good understanding of Design thinking, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping
• Over seven years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as technical architecture, solution architecture, network management, application development, middleware design, information analysis, database management or operations management) in a heterogeneous environment — or five years of experience in solution architecture, business analysis, or business strategic planning
• Ability to work effectively with senior leaders and effectively communicate and influence up and down the ladder in a matrixed, multi-cultural, collaborative and self-directed environment
• Previous experience as a successful enterprise architect highly desirable
• Demonstrated track record of leading high-performance teams toward the successful attainment of challenging goals
• Degree in business management, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis, or a related field of study
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.