Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager IT Business Applications
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182132
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of this Position:
This position has the responsibility to operate as a partner, trusted advisor and entry point for the Internal and external facing Learning Management business constituents to request services, work priorities and ensures end-to-end planning for technology enabled business solutions. Manage a team of resources to appropriately deliver a solution that provides the Learning and Development Organizations with a core advantage to managing its business.
This position reports to Director, IT. The primary responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility for:
• Responsible for business relationships, application performance, and the identification and delivery of new and existing application services to meet the internal and external Learning Management Organizations’ known and emerging needs.Qualifications
• Responsible for building, managing and delivering a portfolio of technology programs and projects that improve business process capabilities.
• Responsible for developing and managing an Applications plan working with the senior management of the business
• Engage in collaborative dialogue to shape product strategy and align with technology capabilities
• Partners with business team to develop appropriate team for execution of product roadmap
• Maintain relationship with suppliers to understand future capabilities and alignment with technology features and standards
• Responsible for directing and evaluating feasibility studies, project scoping and project planning for business applications projects
• Define, plan, and direct the execution of a broad range of technical projects, while balancing the competing demands of scope, time, cost, quality, resources, and risk.
• Responsible for establishing priorities and schedules for business application projects
• Oversee project execution and actively manage the project portfolio
• Manage relationships with various technology and business communities to achieve project objectives across the project portfolio
• Conduct risk management planning, identification, analysis and monitoring on projects
• Responsible for managing the support of the Production business applications including system modifications and maintenance
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
• 6-8 years Information Systems Management Experience –
• Experience in supporting internal and external facing LMS solutions preferred but not mandatory
• Possess a strong business and customer/client focus.
• Ability to interact and influence variety of users and senior management.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Experience with deep understanding of IT Applications and Technology
• Strong Program/Project Management Skills - Demonstrated success in large project implementations
• Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Very strong collaboration, negotiation, and influence capability required
• BS degree
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.