Intuitive Surgical Careers
Market Access Manager – Hospital Economics
Primary Location: Belgium
Requisition ID: 182274
Position’s Objective & Summary:
The Market Access Manager –Reimbursement & Health Economics responsibility will consist in
- developing the best applicable in Benelux countries reimbursement route sheet (how to do it) which will specify its major steps, deliverables and adequate timelines. This position also includes the production of materials (which promote IS value story), then to lead the negotiation with the reimbursement authorities/institutions.
- developing and executing applied health economic “value creation & demonstration” strategies. This will be achieved via creating and disseminating clinical/economic materials, predictive and utility modeling, market archetype segmentation strategies and strategic industry insights to influence and educate clinical/economic understanding among existing and potential hospital customers.
The role will be a key constituent on a broad based Benelux Commercial Excellence Team (i.e., Sales Management, Clinical and Capital Marketing, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR), Clinical Affairs, Government and Public Affairs and Sales Operations, to align and implement the global strategy at local level.
The Market Access Manager will also provide recommendations, insights, regarding the strategy, to the GM, Market Access Director and top management for his region. The person is responsible for the analysis and understanding of the healthcare regulation and contexts, short term/mid-term/long term expectations and strategy of key stakeholders (MoH for ex).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing/refining the pricing assessment and reimbursement strategy for either existing procedures, emerging procedures or future releases (new surgical approaches). This will include clinical, economic and strategic benchmarks.
- Works closely with the EU Clinical Affairs team in order to assess the needs and expectations in terms of clinical evidence from the Health Authorities and engage actions (clinical study project).
- Monitors health care system developments, reimbursement, policy and legal changes and advice the leadership team on relevant business opportunities and challenges.
- Develops nationally key strategic relationships with KOL (CEO, Board Members, Operations & Finance Directors within identified Hospitals, Health Insurances, including physicians, major scientist organizations and key correspondents of Med Tech representative agencies)
- Support the Benelux Country Sales teams through patient, hospital, C-level and physician provider healthcare economic insights and solutions.
- Create in collaboration with the ISI HEOR Team evidence on ISI products and then lead Benelux efforts to disseminate clinical/economic evidence and insights via quantifying the impact on the “total economic and clinical value” of ISI technology to existing and future economic decision maker.
- Perform evidence (clinical & economic) based “Quantify The Impact” (QTI), customer alignment meetings, and field based customer analytical analyses with hospitals, IDN systems, surgeons and health technology assessment (HTA) organizations.
- Work and implement the trainings related to the deployment of the QTI solution through the sales force of Benelux Countries.
- Works closely with the WE Market Access Director, Managers & Hospital Economics teams, the Global HEOR team, the Regional General Manager and the Global Public Affairs team in order to first make sure the Market Access Strategy remains as much aligned to market specifics, then local plans for value proposition stay consistent.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ experience or an advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate)
- 6-8+ years’ and recognized experience in market or patient access, health economics, healthcare consulting, health policy.
- Healthcare medical device, pharma or hospital/health system/IDN industry experience in Benelux is required.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Benelux countries health care environment including a working knowledge/awareness of public and private payers, current trends and challenges in medical device and diagnostic industries.
- Solid knowledge on clinical studies and evidence based medicine.
- Solid understanding of disease and clinical pathways, inpatient and surgical treatment approaches, hospital inpatient settings, product IFU and supportive health information levels of evidence.
- Strong strategic and operational orientation and is capable of advising and directing internal and external clients at the highest levels.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including: Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Tableau.
- Geographically located within Denmark or Sweden.
- Languages: fluent in English and Dutch.
- Travel 50% of the time