Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manufacturing Engineer- Accessories
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182286
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Contribute your technical manufacturing, design, and project management skills to a dynamic development team creating precision instruments and accessories for minimally invasive robotic surgery. This position will focus on meeting manufacturing operations and product safety, reliability, and performance goals for the accessories product line. Individuals in this role must demonstrate strong mechanical design capabilities, and be able to deliver consistent improvements for production accessories. Individuals in this role will provide daily support for manufacturing operations, mechanical design improvements for existing accessories, and provide manufacturing engineering support for new product introduction
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop, maintain, and improve efficient “mid to high volume’ manufacturing assembly lines including:
o Specify, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, hand tools and manufacturing equipment.o Workplace and process flow development.o Determine and incorporate critical feature inspection and test checkpoints into process.o Develop and validate robust assembly and manufacturing processes
Qualifications• Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, and cost reduction.• Take responsibility for developing and maintaining compliance with the quality system.• Evaluate and select suppliers for mechanical parts and assemblies. Help resolve supplier quality and delivery issues.• Provide design engineers with Design for Manufacturability and Design for Reliability input to ensure consistency/commonality among hardware and standard part selections across product/sub-assembly lines.
• BSME required, MSME preferred (similar engineering fields will be considered.)
• 5+ years mechanical or manufacturing engineering experience with Mid/high volume surgical products preferred.
• New product introduction/development desirable. Robotics knowledge a plus.
• Experience with high volume automated assembly and plastic forming and joining processes (injection molding, transfer molding, and ultrasonic welding) a plus.
• Great attitude, eager, willing/able to take initiative, works well with others in team environment.
• Able to make continuous, incremental improvements to existing designs.
• Experienced in ISO9001/13485, or medical device manufacturing environment.
• CAD experience preferred (SolidWorks).
• Able to travel periodically (Mexico facility, suppliers) and occasional weekend shift support.