Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182287
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position
The Product Manager understands and supports digital & data product development from concept ideation to launch. This includes assisting with the strategic product roadmap, commercial viability evaluation, conducting user research, analyzing disparate data sources for insights, making product and feature proposals, writing market requirements, shepherding concepts through the product development process, conducting user testing, and working with our downstream business partners. The Product Manager has a strong understanding of the customer-facing features of Health Information Technology (HIT) products as well as a solid grounding in the underlying technical implementation. The Product Manager represents the voice of the customer (business needs) to the design engineering teams and other internal business partners during the product development process, encouraging sound yet timely decision making.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assists with product portfolio and product feature development by working with company stakeholders to strategically support the business goals of the company. Communicate the short term and long range product roadmap objectives to business partners, garnering alignment.Qualifications
• Support the development of business justification for new products and data networked applications by engaging with hospital administrators, surgeons, and operating room teams. Develop business analyses by creatively utilizing disparate data sources to tell compelling stories and facilitate sound data-driven decision making.
• Support user research through interviews, case observations, focus groups, and user testing. Synthesize information, develop strategies and recommendations and communicate findings to the rest of the organization.
• Create and refine the product requirements with input and feedback from customers and internal partners. Negotiate product requirements with company stakeholders and ensure the product is kept in alignment with the needs of the customer and business during the course of development. Redirect engineering activities as needed to ensure delivery of a successful product to market.
• Evolve the product strategy by developing a framework for decision making. Shepherd the product through its development via relentless identification and closure of user, technical, and business issues.
• Think carefully about the user, business, and development impact of product decisions. Be creative about marshaling resources to complete objectives (including filling in when no one else can) and provide clarity on product direction when possible. Continue to drive progress in the face of ambiguity.
• Facilitate efficient and sound decision-making during the development process to ensure that the new product designs are aligned with user needs, business needs, and established design principles.
• Consolidate the results of user testing performed by product marketing, human factors, interaction design, and clinical engineering teams. Communicate conclusions and recommendations to product development teams.
• Facilitate industrial design and interaction design efforts on new product designs by establishing design requirements, prioritizing design efforts, coordinating design reviews, and documenting and communicating design decisions.
• Manage business relationships with key development partners ensuring healthy dialogue and clear, efficient decision making.
• Partner closely with the downstream business partners to ensure a successful launch (e.g. product training, core positioning and messaging content, collateral development, etc.)
• Must be a highly passionate individual that notices and cares about design details and the users’ experience with the product.• Minimum 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Product Manager, or Product Marketing Manager desired with a history of defining, developing, and launching excellent Health IT products. Software based development experience including data collection, utilization, and data driven application development is preferred.• BS degree in biomedical, computer science, healthcare informatics, economics, or demonstrated experience of bringing highly engineered products to market is highly preferred. Masters in a related field, MBA or demonstrated business acumen is preferred.• A strong understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of the daily functioning of a healthcare facility including financial health metrics, policy implementation, reimbursement strategy, information technology systems (e.g. electronic medical record systems), and the influence of both medical and non-medical decision makers.• Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure product success and ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. This includes the ability to work well in bridging communication between engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customers.• Experience with mining large data sources for insights highly preferred.• Expert knowledge of healthcare EMR/EHR/DICOM/Healthcare claims data• Experience with clinical terminologies like ICD9, ICD 10, CPT4, SNOMED• Working knowledge of SQL. Experience with analytic reporting tools like Tableau, Power BI, Looker, etc.• Hands on knowledge of clinical and health economics related analytics• Basic understanding of healthcare interoperability especially in Claims, EMR, PACS, Imaging, Clinical and Lab applications• Experience with HIPAA, and knowledge of PHI, PII best practices• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience presenting to peers and Management.• Experience managing technical product requirements is preferred.• Experience with Waterfall and Agile Software Lifecycle Methodologies and demonstrated ability to act as a scrum product owner.• Ability to set and meet goals based on department and corporate objectives.• Ability to work in surgical labs and operating rooms is required.• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.