Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Analyst - Data Products
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182293
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive Surgical introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive Surgical is the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery, helping surgeons offer their patients minimally invasive surgery more often and with better outcomes then conventional approaches for those patients who can benefit from it. Intuitive Surgical is also an industry leader in designing data capture from over 3,600 surgical robotics systems used by over 20,000 surgeons globally. As our company has grown in product reach and geography, our opportunity to improve our customer’s experience and our business operations using digital and analytics technologies is substantial and growing quickly.
The Product Analyst, Data Products is responsible for the implementation of custom hospital data products and driving the optimization of operational efficiencies. This person is responsible for collaborating with our business partners and customers to create and drive requirements for the suite of clinical and economic data products. The product analyst will design and author detailed-level business/functional requirements for innovative data and analytics products with various EMR, claims and medical device data, working closely with the Product Managers and other key stakeholders. The product analyst will also work closely with the development team to enhance analytics products to ensure that it meets the evolving business needs.
Qualifications• Create and refine the product requirements for clinical and economic data tools with input/feedback from customers and internal partners• Analyze data and prototype analytic solutions for our customers and business partners in Marketing and Sales• Assist product managers in gathering requirements, writing unambiguous detailed-level business and functional requirements• Assist in project management and guiding development team on product design and features• Facilitate efficient and sound decision-making during the development process to ensure that the new product designs are aligned with user needs, business needs, and established design principles• Perform functional and user acceptance testing with input from various stakeholders including Marketing, Sales, and Service teams
Qualifications / Skills / Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in health care informatics, computer science, statistics or business discipline. MS/MA/MBA is a plus
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience involved in development and operations of Advanced Analytics or Healthcare IT applications
• Minimum 2 years of experience with SQL and data analysis
• Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into technical solutions
• Experience writing user stories/requirements and working in the agile design methodology
• Experience with analytic reporting tools like Tableau, Power BI, Looker, etc.
• Understanding of data warehousing and data management in a healthcare environment
• Knowledge of clinical and claims data sets, and medical coding processes
• Basic understanding of healthcare interoperability especially with Claims, EMR, Clinical and Lab applications
• High curiosity and aptitude for understanding trends, outliers and deriving actionable insights from complex data sets
• Self-starter with proven ability to proactively seek and execute creative solutions to solve complex project challenges
• Superior teamwork and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents including Sales, Engineering and Marketing
• Excellent written/verbal communication with the ability to provide impactful presentation across cross-functional audiences
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.