Intuitive Surgical Careers
Logistics Manager - Global Indirect Markets & Trade Compliance
Primary Location: Switzerland-Vaud
Requisition ID: 182301
Primary Functions of Position:
- Partner with Third Parties Logistics (3PL) staff and other offsite storage and staging locations to ensure trade logistics compliance is met.
- Analyze freight forwarder options and costs from ISI distribution centers to distributors to enable the most cost effective solutions while meeting customer delivery requirements.
- Analyze distributor cycle count results and assure performance goals are achieved. Identify and implement corrective action if cycle count variances exceed acceptable levels.
- Create and maintain departmental procedures associated with the EMEIA Logistics Manager, Global Indirect Markets & Trade Compliance
- Communicate with Customer Service, European Third Parties Logistics, and freight forwarder dispatchers to manage system deliveries to meet scheduled deliveries or installations.
- Manage the global special labeling requirements for indirect markets to ensure regulatory compliance is met.
- Manage the Return Material Authorization (RMA) process for distributor returns. Assure timely movement of material. Liaise with Customer Service and resolve issues that arise with distributors and freight forwarders.
- Under direction of Sunnyvale, perform regular trade risk assessments and follow up as requested to ensure compliance
- Work closely with Customer Service, Contracts, Global Distribution team or other departments as required, and provide support on shipping documents and customs and trade compliance related issues.
- Provide logistics support for R&D functions in Aubonne
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years professional experience amongst which 5+ years in Logistics, International Customer Service, and/ or Trade Compliance,
- Experience in working with indirect markets freight forwarders to achieve cost goals, and customer delivery expectations.
- Experience in the execution of cycle counting, physical inventories, variance reconciliation and analysis of inventory levels and replenishment triggers. Knowledge of KanBan systems.
- Detailed understanding of trade compliance, customs regulations, and letters of credit.
- Solid knowledge of material movement in a manufacturing environment, including import and export requirements, regulatory guidelines, high volume parcel shipments and capital equipment freight shipments.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
- Knowledge of GMP’s and previous work experience in a medical device environment is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Fluent at least in English and another European language. Excellent knowledge of a third European language is an asset.
- Experience in solving complex challenges both individually and in a team structure.
- Experience in analyzing complex task components to enable excellent decision making skills.
- Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP.