Intuitive Surgical Careers
Commercial Learning (Sales Training) Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182305
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
The Commercial Learning Trainer will deliver content and lead workshops in training classes, in an effort to improve the knowledge and skills of our commercial employees. The Associate Commercial Learning Trainer works closely with colleagues in many departments including Commercial Learning, Clinical Education, Field Sales and Sales Management, and Marketing to create and execute our training strategy to address the needs of the ISI Sales Team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate understanding of across key specialties: general surgery, colorectal surgery, gynecologic surgery, thoracic surgery, and urology• Understanding of education modules as part of the Clinical and Sales Training (CAST) programs, Distributor CAST (DCAST), sales meetings and other training events
• Understanding of “Best Practices” for da Vinci® Surgical System pre, intra and postoperative management• Educate personnel and conduct customer in-services on da Vinci® Instruments and Accessories, Advanced Technology, da Vinci® Si, da Vinci® Xi, da Vinci® X, and da Vinci® SP Surgical Systems• Thorough understanding of da Vinci® surgical systems (including instruments and accessories) and value propositions• Provide candid training performance feedback to trainees and trainees’ supervisors/managers
• Plan, develop, deliver, and evaluate new hire training programs for cross-functional business units including classroom training sessions, self-study programs, and print materials• Develop creative, interactive training tools, quick reference guides, and exercises to increase interest during training and knowledge retention• Contribute to needs assessments and development of content for in-class and blended-learning solutions• Develop and administer online testing and post-training evaluations
• Measure effectiveness of training programs and develop reports and comprehensive programs analysis• Communicate frequently and effectively with key stakeholders to ensure that training programs are aligned with the goals and objectives of the business• Other related duties as necessary
• Proven record of achievement and leadership. Also, 3-5+ years of Sales/Sales Management experience preferalby in the medical device field and 1-2+ years of Training/Training Management experience preferred
• Ambition and strong work ethic• Ability to excel in a high-energy, fast-paced environment• Ability to organize and work under strict time deadlines, while producing quality deliverables• Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team• Strong organizational and prioritization skills• Excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills• Proficiency in MS office• Ability for up to 20% domestic travel for commercial learning events• Corporate Internship experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.