Intuitive Surgical Careers
Regulatory, Post Market Surveillance Specialist
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182306
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Regulatory Post Market Surveillance Specialist investigates customer complaints, makes an initial reporting decision, provides failure analysis letters, and ensures completeness and consistency of complaint and related documentation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Investigating complaints daily:
o Perform the preliminary classification of complaints and escalate complaints that require additional review.o Perform Failure Analysis investigation review and escalate complaints that require additional review.o File Malfunction MDR Reports as identifiedo Escalate Adverse Event or Incident reports to Level IV Analysts as identifiedo Evaluate documentation for completeness and consistency, and assign additional actions as necessary to close the complaint file.o Approve final complaint file for closure after all applicable actions are completed.o Manage complaint workload to required backlog goals.o Review and analyze lot documentation (DHRs) to determine if there are any anomalies that maybe related to reported product failures.• Escalate complaints to the Regulatory Post Market Surveillance Manager or Lead when new failure modes are encountered
• Escalate complaints to the Post Market Investigation (PMI) group as required• Evaluate complaints for reporting requirements in accordance with company procedures and Regulatory requirements.• Interface with Customer Service and hospitals to gather additional information required for complaint investigation, including retrieval of RMA• Create customer response letters• Provide peer review and feedback of complaints and reports• Participate in new hire training and continuous Regulatory Compliance training as required• Participate in process improvement activities to continuously improve process effectiveness• Execute on projects as required• Perform other duties as directed
Education - Undergraduate degree in engineering, life science, or equivalent
Experience – 2+ years of experience in medical device field, with experience or exposure in the following areas:
• Knowledge and understanding with Medical Device Complaint files and quality record documentation• Knowledge and understanding of Regulatory reporting requirements for Medical Devices (US FDA requirements, EU MDD requirements, etc.)• General technical and or clinical medical device knowledge
• Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills• Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database)• Efficient independent worker with ability to focus• Attention to detail• Demonstrate cross functional communication skills in email and in person• Excellent organizational and analytical skills• Ability to handle and manage workload independently• Prioritize numerous activities in a rapid paced environment• Contribute to team oriented tasks• Strong analytical skills• Strong interpersonal and decision making skills.
Competency / Training: The following competencies are essential for this position:
• General understanding of Regulatory reporting requirements for Medical Devices and complaint system and process requirements.• General understanding of quality records requirements and how they apply to complaint files.• Able to make decisions quickly using information at hand and evaluate the need to obtain clarification and direction when necessary.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.