Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Master Scheduler
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182316
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Responsible for working across multiple functional areas such as product marketing, finance, sales operations, planning, service, purchasing and manufacturing engineering to develop the best manufacturing strategy to meet the company’s quarterly revenue and customer service goals. Develop and maintain the System & Vision Business Unit Master Production Schedule and Forecast File. Performs forecast load and MRP maintenance in the ERP system per Intuitive’s SOX policy. Has a leadership role in the quarterly S&OP process. Collaborates with New Product Introduction teams to incorporate NPI in the planning process. Provides leadership and direction to continuously improve Master Scheduling practices at ISI.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
• Facilitate and drive collaboration with Marketing, Sales Operations, Finance, Engineering, and Service Operations team members to develop forecast dataQualifications
• Administer monthly and/or quarterly forecast meeting and effectively communicate with Executive Management, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Operations on the overall operations material and manufacturing plans, highlighting any constraints and proposing solutions.
• Partner with NPI/ Engineering teams to develop robust plans to enable new product launch and product end of sale planning..
• Establish and analytically create an MPS file from a Sales Plan into an Operations Mfg. Materials Plan and input data into an SAP ERP system
• Develop/ Report on Planning metrics to understand forecast versus actuals performance and drive corrective actions/ mitigation plans
• Maintain forecast versus actual shipments for assigned product lines which could include: Instruments, Accessories, Systems, and Service for all plants (regions)
• Facilitate and analyze monthly inventory review with Finance. Coordinate inventory concerns with organization and support monthly inventory review with executive management
• Resolve and troubleshoot SAP (MPS/MRP) issues related to Buyer/Planner concerns for all plants (regions). Interact and support IT issues/projects in SAP/Hyperion, etc.
• Develop, maintain and effectively communicate ATP reporting to the organization
• Coordinate ECO change activity with functional groups as needed
• Accurately maintain product hierarchy coding in SAP for all part numbers
• Perform verifications and coordination of supplier forecasting data for buyers
• Manage and review SOX compliance for MRP load in multiple plants
• Improve processes and simplify/automate wherever possible.
• Assist in training others as needed.
• Requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in master scheduling, and 5 years of experience in demand/production planning, preferably with a medical device company. Master’s degree preferred.
• APICS certification strongly preferred.
• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile. Strong skill set in Excel is a requirement
• Experience in creating forecasts and master schedules in a medium/high volume high mix manufacturing environment
• Thorough knowledge of and experience working with Kanban systems and other Lean manufacturing principles.
• Detailed working knowledge of forecast models, ERP material planning logic, and master schedule creation in multiple plants
• Demonstrated attention to detail, precision and thoroughness.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in a high volume ECO environment dealing with multiple plants in ERP
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, drive closure on projects and tasks, and meet due dates.