Intuitive Surgical Careers
Sr. Program Manager, Product Operations (Digital & Data)
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182325
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
The Digital & Data Program Manager is responsible for managing digital (web, mobile), data analytics and visualization projects for internal and external use from initiation through successful launch concluding with a transfer to an ongoing support and enhancement model. This role will focus on driving digital and data analytics programs, from health economics outcomes data, medical device data, learning pathways and digital services programs. PMO program managers may also lead functional initiatives and projects on an “as required” basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Leads Digital & Data Program Core Teams in the execution of projects through full life cycle from initiation to launch and then through mature product support
• Specifically manage software projects, including: web, mobile and data analytics projects based on prioritized roadmaps
• Responsible for management of scope, timeline, resources and budget to meet project objectives
• Responsible for vendor management for outsourced and off-shored resources (project dependent)
• Manages the project plan by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies and mitigations to achieve project objectives. Escalates threats to project plan as required to functional management and senior leadership
• Provides regular updates in form of status updates and stage gate review presentations with highlighting risks and mitigation plans to senior management
• Works across the organization and corporate functions to align functional support and input for the project
• Ensures Project management processes are followed per relevant procedures by functional team members.
• Contributes to Project management process optimization and strategies via lessons learned, resource leveling, process input and sharing and developing best practices
• Four year degree (Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent) in a scientific field preferred; business, finance or related field will be considered in conjunction with experience. MSc/MA/MBA is a plus.
• Minimum 12 years of experience (senior position: minimum of 15 years) involved in the development and commercialization of technical products, ideally data analytics, data visualization software or digital services.
• Medical device or health care experience in regulated environment preferred.
• Understanding of Design Controls under CFR 820 and IEC 62304 to validate product software applications
• Experience in managing and mentoring junior staff and consultant resources desired
• Certification in project management (PMP, CSM) desired
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office; proficient knowledge of program/project management software (e.g. MS Project, Smartsheet, JIRA, collaboration tools) desired
• Strong project management, planning, decision making, negotiating and change management skills
o Comfortable with all phases of the project and product lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, implementation, validation and transfer
o Experience in analyzing tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements and cost
o Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution
o Experience with Business Process Management
o Experience with schedule, budget, cost and risk management tracking tools
• Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
• Seeks, recognizes, and executes creative and simple solutions to resolve complex project challenges; routinely steadies the team when stressed; leads by example
• Strong relationship building, customer focus and facilitation skills
• Excellent communication (written, verbal), presentation and documentation skills
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.