Intuitive Surgical Careers
Sr. Program Manager, Product Operations (Digital & Data)
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182325
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
The Digital & Data Program Manager is responsible for managing digital, data and network connectivity programs for internal and external use from initiation through successful launch concluding with a transfer to an ongoing support and enhancement model. Digital and Data programs deliver products based on medical device data, digital services, learning pathways and health economics outcomes data. PMO program managers may also lead functional initiatives and projects on an “as required” basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Leads Digital & Data Program Core Teams in the execution of projects through full life cycle from initiation to launch and then through mature product support
• Responsible for management of scope, timeline, resources and budget to meet project objectives
• Responsible for vendor management for outsourced and off-shored resources (project dependent)
• Manages the project plan by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies and mitigations to achieve project objectives. Escalates threats to project plan as required to functional management and senior leadership
• Provides regular updates in form of status updates and stage gate review presentations with highlighting risks and mitigation plans to senior management
• Works closely with Network Operations, Cybersecurity, Product Management, Regulatory and Quality organizations to ensure input and representation in the Product Development Process.
• Ensures Project management processes are followed per relevant procedures by functional team members.
• Contributes to Project management process optimization and strategies via lessons learned, resource leveling, process input and sharing and developing best practices
• Four year degree (Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent) in a scientific or technical field preferred
• MSc/MA/MBA is a plus.
• Minimum 12 years of experience (senior position: minimum of 15 years) involved in the development and commercialization of technical products, ideally software or network connectivity products
• Medical device or health care experience in regulated environment preferred.
• Understanding of Design Controls under CFR 820 and IEC 62304 to validate product software applications
• Understanding of Video, VOIP, Cloud technologies, Data Center logistics and Internet protocols desired
• Experience in managing and mentoring junior staff and consultant resources desired
• Certification in project management (PMP, CSM) desired
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office; proficient knowledge of program/project management software (e.g. MS Project, Smartsheet, JIRA, collaboration tools) desired
• Strong project management, planning, decision making, negotiating and change management skills
o Comfortable with all phases of the project and product lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, implementation, validation and transfer
o Experience in analyzing tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements and cost
o Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution
o Experience with Business Process Management
o Experience with schedule, budget, cost and risk management tracking tools
• Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
• Seeks, recognizes, and executes creative and simple solutions to resolve complex project challenges; routinely steadies the team when stressed; leads by example
• Strong relationship building, customer focus and facilitation skills
• Excellent communication (written, verbal), presentation and documentation skills
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.