Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manager, FPGA Verification
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182334
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
We are seeking a hands-on engineering manager with significant ASIC or FPGA verification experience to lead our FPGA RTL quality team. This small but growing team focuses on improving the organization’s ability to produce safe, reliable designs by developing tools, methodology, and process for our design teams.
The individual in this role will play a key role in both simulation-based and in-system verification of our FPGA designs for communications, vision processing and motor control. They will be responsible for building and leading a team that works closely with Electrical, Software, and Test Engineers to accelerate design and ensure safe, effective product releases.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead, manage and develop the FPGA quality teamQualifications
• Set standards for and guide development of simulation-based verification environments to verify FPGA designs in RTL
• Develop coding standards and drive implementation via policy and tools
• Define in-system testing requirements and drive implementation
• Manage in-system testing of new releases of FPGA designs
• Manage releases of new FPGA designs to software engineering teams
• Work with software, regulatory, test and continuing engineering teams to test and document proper operation of critical safety systems
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing verification projects and leading teams
• Minimum 10 years industry experience with coverage-driven random RTL simulation (SystemVerilog preferred)
• Experience in developing an OVM or UVM-based verification environment
• Ability to work in small, dynamic, cross-functional teams
• Strong written and verbal communications skills