Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Engineering Technician
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182337
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
This position will be responsible to help set up a new manufacturing line at ISI. This includes assembly of test equipment for endoscopes and other vision system components, assembling prototype endoscopes, and conducting testing and calibration of endoscopes and other components of Intuitive’s vision system. This position will also be responsible for the preventive maintenance and calibration of equipment on the new Vision line.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Build and assist with construction of electro-mechanical test fixtures and engineering prototypes• Build and assist with construction of prototype endoscopes and other vision related components and equipment• Perform tests and calibration of optical systems using custom made test equipment• Build endoscopes from start to finish using MPIs and tools. Be able to redline Drawings and MPIs to improve the build process• Perform other engineering technician duties as-needed
• 8+ years of experience
• Experience with mechanical manufacturing and test
• Able to contribute on design, construction, and improvement of electro-mechanical test fixtures
• Ability to solve technical issues with a basic understanding of mechanical drawings
• Hands-on capability performing compact assembly tasks including soldering
• Proven ability to work well in team environment including teaching techniques to other technicians
• Proficiency with computers and Excel software
• Familiarity with Agile or equivalent PDM tool
• Familiarity with SAP or equivalent ERP tool
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.