Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Systems Analyst
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182382
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. produces the da Vinci® Surgical System, a minimally invasive robotic surgery system that uses highly complex mechanics, replaceable instruments and accessories, and enhanced three-dimensional visualization to extend surgical technique and precision beyond the limits of the human hand.
The Senior Systems Engineer will design and prototype innovative medical robotics systems. A successful candidates will have significant experience in working with all hardware and software aspects of complex electro-mechanical devices, but also have breadth to support different research projects and prototypes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work with a cross functional team to develop new systems
o Define hardware and software requirements for systemso Perform component selection and put together block diagramso Physical and software integration of external OEM deviceso Hazards and risk analysis of systemso User interface developmento Development of research prototypes used to evaluate new product conceptso Develop tests to verify performance of prototypes
• Generate IP and evaluate opportunities from a technical perspectiveQualifications
• Evaluate technical feasibility of new opportunities
• MS or PhD in EE, Mechatronics, or related fields and 5 years of industry experience
• Experience with designing electrical products in an FDA or other regulated industry or for mission critical applications is desired; comfort with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, risk analysis, etc.
• Hands-on engineering with proven ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) across all levels and organizations
• Ability to work on multiple, early-stage projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot and debug complex systems.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.