Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Product Manager, da Vinci Instrument Software
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 182387
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Intuitive Surgical is the industry pioneer and leader in robotic-assisted surgical systems. Our da Vinci Surgical System is an advanced platform for minimally invasive surgery that has touched the lives of more than five million patients worldwide. Our system acts as a natural extension of a surgeon’s eyes and hands through a combination of cutting-edge robotics, immersive 3D stereoscopic vision, and intuitive human-interface controls, all driven by an advanced software platform. Over the past two decades, this revolutionary technology has brought about a new era in minimally invasive surgery. As we mark our 23rd year, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the team in building our instrument software capabilities across the EndoWrist instrument platform.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Sr. Product Manager, da Vinci Instrument software, is a newly developed role responsible for both upstream and strategic marketing of Intuitive Surgical’s current and future EndoWrist instrument platforms. This includes executing high-impact strategies to elevate the capability of hardware (instruments) with software, working closely with the R&D teams to capture user needs to help define the long-term instrument roadmap and work with internal partners support the product through the design control process.
• Manage the end-to-end da Vinci EndoWrist instrument software lifecycle, working across the organization to ensure alignment and execution of high-impact software releases.• Lead projects through the design process including developing market requirements, product requirements, and facilitating tradeoff discussions with design teams while keeping the needs of the customer and the business in mind.• Catalog user needs, product feedback and other primary market research to champion long-term product roadmaps defined by providing clinical, operational and economic value to customers.• Define product claims and regulatory strategy for existing instrument software capabilities and next generation instrument platforms.• Develop global product commercialization plans for new products and integrate into local marketing teams to execute successful software launches.• Track emerging technology and identify complementary technology that will enhance the da Vinci surgical capability.• Position product value against alternative offerings and educate the marketing organization on product differences.• Craft and refine key value propositions and product positioning in support of building the product brand, marketing collateral and training materials.• Be the subject matter expert for your product, and the competitors, providing expertise to sales, surgeons, hospital administrators and OR staff.• Managing Business Review meetings to ensure alignment across the organization.
• 12 or more years of professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree is desirable.
• Minimum 4-7 years of experience as a Product Manager required with a history of defining and launching successful products in a therapeutic medical device and/or software company. Surgical and/or OR experience required.
• Proven ability to effectively build a product brand, position and communicate product value.
• Develop strong commercial and KOL partnerships to drive product adoption.
• Capacity to learn new technical skills and build clinical acumen.
• Ability to take complex technologies and simplify learning to be understood across a broad customer base.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact marketing programs on-time and within budget to support overall marketing strategy and business objectives.
• Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents.
• Self-starter with ability to take leadership in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks.
• Agility to pivot focus to meet evolving sales and customer needs.
• Proven ability to work across disparate parts of an organization to deliver results.
• Well versed in MS Office Suite, Tableau, SFDC and digital marketing tools.
• Ability to travel 20 - 40% of the time. Some international travel may be required.
• The position is located at Intuitive Surgical Headquarters in Sunnyvale, California.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.